Guess it depends on whom you ask!

Date: 07/26/20 01:33
Re: MAY, or WILL???
Author: SP4360

May, can or will. You decide.

Date: 07/26/20 03:23
Author: andersonb109

Crews need to lead by example. On the two trains I rode last month, some of the crew were wearing masks at all times. Others only when interaciting with passengers. And some not at all.  There are also many ways to get around the mandate. For example, at my local hobby shop there are several signs on the door that say something like "you must have a mask to enter." of  "no mask, no entry."   Nothing about actually wearing one. As you can imagine it's not enforced.  

Date: 07/26/20 04:18
Author: PRSL-recall

Also many need all the oxygen they can get.

Date: 07/26/20 04:26
Author: Molino

Then should be inside stations as well.

Date: 07/26/20 04:33
Author: co614

If they want to do all they can to encourage ridership they need to eliminate any doubts about their policy and state plainly that all customers WILL wear a mask at all times in/around all Amtrak stations and at all times while aboard an Amtrak train ( unless in a private sleeper accommodation with the door closed). The policy needs to also mimic that of all of the major airlines and state that all Amtrak employees will wear a mask at all times when on duty. Further as do the airlines, any customer refusing to comply will be banned from future Amtrak travel as long as the mask up policy is in effect.

Amtrak employees observed to be violating the policy need to be removed from service upon that trips completion and stay on the street pending an investigation.

This virus is not a joking matter as about 1,000 fatalities a day testify to. 

Those that choose to treat it differently are in a serious case of denial .

IMHO-Ross Rowland 

Date: 07/26/20 07:24
Author: Juniata

I am so tired of this mask debate. Just wear a damn mask - please!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/26/20 07:40
Author: icancmp193

In government-speak, we like "may" and "shall". May indicates permissive and shall means you gotta do it.

TJY

Date: 07/26/20 07:56
Author: RuleG

Much ado about nothing.

The headlines of the two media pieces are inconsistent, not Amtrak's policy.  Reading beyond the headlines:

Stars & Stripes says Amtrak may ban customers who refuse to wear face masks.

NY Post says customers who refuse to wear face masks could be banned.

Very similar.

Date: 07/26/20 08:03
Author: cabsignaldrop

In today's climate, just try to be a Amtrak or any transportation provider front line employee. Walk a few feet in our shoes. Especially if a passenger refusing to use a mask happens to be of a certain ethnicity and the trainman/station personnel of another...and railroad personnel never get back up from upper management. At least at a certain passenger railroad.

Also, all the passenger has to say is that he/she has a medical condition that prevents them from using a mask and we are not allowed to do anything.

And police backup? Ha! Most nowadays are just trying to make it to retirement and don't want any interaction with people since they are not allowed to do their jobs.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/20 08:27 by cabsignaldrop.

Date: 07/26/20 08:29
Author: Dcmcrider

Amtrak's Terms and Conditions (amended July 24) say passengers must wear a face covering while on board.

It would follow that non-compliance could result in denied boarding, or removal en route.

https://assistive.amtrak.com/h5/assistive/r/www.amtrak.com/terms-and-conditions.html#un_1181
  • Passengers must wear a face covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose while on-board. Face coverings may be temporarily removed for eating and drinking, and while in a private room. If a passenger has a medical condition that makes them unable to wear a standard face covering, they must wear a face shield.

Paul Wilson
Arlington, VA

Date: 07/26/20 09:08
Author: wilewil

Amtrak should require masks, it's time for controlling the virus - not denying it.

Date: 07/26/20 09:23
Author: ALCO630

They’re not in denial, they’re just FAR more observant to what’s really going on.

Posted from iPhone

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 07/26/20 09:47
Author: RevRandy

On board 98(14) all crew and sleeper passengers, in any public situation, were masked. Announcements were made trainwide that masks were required in all public spaces, including sitting at one's coach seat. No exceptions. 

Date: 07/26/20 10:20
Author: joemvcnj

Once you take your food back to your seat and eat, the mask must come off. You are not required to fast for the whole trip. 

Date: 07/26/20 10:32
Author: waymongrimes

Right On!

Date: 07/26/20 10:33
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Another "shall" fan here.

Date: 07/26/20 11:56
Author: robj

Sorry, not sure too many people want to sit in a coach for lets say 20 hours from Denver, or maybe an extra 12 when whatever happens,  with a face mask.

Fares for accomodations can be pretty high, not looking to book that and play hide and go seek in my room for the entire trip
Then while you are travelling to a state can just decide midtrip  you should quarantine with police at the station.

Judgemental,  but I think under these conditions train travel is not very desirable. 
I wear a mask when required and even extra but I think government does not have the answer and so latches on to these simple answers.

Bob

By the way, I just have not heard of all these outbreaks attributed to train travel or air travel for that matter. 

Date: 07/26/20 14:07
Author: mundo

I have COPD,  a face shield works fine for me for bleathing..  Covers the eyes and more of your face.

Date: 07/26/20 18:06
Author: steamloco

Why wear a dust mask for a virus?

Current Page:1 of 3

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0706 seconds