Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > Good Amtrak Customer Service Experience

Date: 09/17/20 11:18
Good Amtrak Customer Service Experience
Author: andersonb109

After a bad experience on No.6 do to service disruption from fire in Nevada (not Amtrak's fault), I had an excellent customer service experience today. First, Julie couldn't understand what I wanted....customer service. So after several attempts I ended up with a regularl live agent after only about a 1 minute wait. Transferred to Customer Service. Wait time...another minute. Agent was friendly and helpful. After reviewing the situation I received a fair and full refund for the missed Salt Lake City to Denver portion of my trip. More than enough to cover the additional $100 paid to Delta to get me home and the missed overnight hotel in Denver. We chatted a bit and the agent said they have had lots of cancellations do to trains previously booked no longer running on the reserved days.  Not everyone can travel on the days Amtrak decides....particularly in cases of already booked travel. We also discussed the food...the primary reason I didn't stay on board to Denver. The agent said she has heard lots of complaints about that as well. Food needs to be prepared the way customers want it, not some prepackaged slop that is take it or leave it. Fine for a 5 hour flight. But not a long train journey covering the dinner hour. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds