Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > North American Railway Stations Part 31

Date: 09/20/20 03:45
North American Railway Stations Part 31
Author: andersonb109

Skipping back a bit in the alphabet to a station I photographed just last week, U.P. Cheyenne. Yes that's snow in early September. Not sure if I like the station better with our without the large U.P. shield that was on the clock tower for many years. The station currently houses a restaurant and an excellent  Railway museum and a fantastic HOn3 model railroad on the second floor. I stayed at the historic and highly recommended Planes hotel just across the street.Big Boy No. 4004 is located in a park about a mile or so to the east of the Station off the Lincoln  Highway. 

Date: 09/20/20 03:48
Re: North American Railway Stations Part 31

Here's the former waiting room of the station. 

Date: 09/20/20 03:57
Author: cozephyr

Glad you enjoyed the well maintained Cheyenne Depot Museum and stayed at the Plains Hotel.

Date: 09/20/20 10:42
Author: krm152

Thanks for the excellent and interesting photo posting.
Wyoming is one of eight states I've never been to.
Thanks again for your excellent series.
ALLEN

Date: 09/20/20 11:21
Author: Lackawanna484

The Museum has a delightful second floor observation gallery with a good view of arriving and departing trains, etc.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/20 11:49

Here's a photo from that location.

Date: 09/20/20 15:41
Author: Lackawanna484

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a photo from that location.

Thank you. If the nearby Albany restaurant or the Apprentice Brewery made deliveries, I could move in there.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/20 17:10
Author: viatrainrider

Thanks again for the great series!!  But slow me!!  Took me until Milwaukee to realize the series was in alphabetical order!!!  Cheyenne being an exception.  The UP knew how to do some great stations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/20 17:13 by viatrainrider.

Date: 09/21/20 00:23
Author: colehour

I have a special appreciation for the photos. My parents were married at an army base outside Cheyenne in 1943, just before my father was sent overseas. My mother and a friend traveled by train to Cheyenne and stayed at the Plains Hotel. Years later she was riding on Amtrak when it
was routed through Cheyenne and had a chance to see the station and the hotel once again. It was shortly after my father died, and it was an emotional moment for her. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds