Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak No.30 and CSX Work Window East of Pittsburgh?

Date: 09/22/20 09:24
Amtrak No.30 and CSX Work Window East of Pittsburgh?
Author: andersonb109

I already asked Amtrak this question. The agent had no clue what I was  inquiring about. The question is if  No. 30 still occasionally impacted by a CSX work window east of Pittsburg if the train is late?  I'm looking at doing a trip down to Florida and the DC arrival date would be Oct. 6. I have no interest in risking being put on a bus from Pittsburgh to DC. I Would much rather fly. Any insight appreciated. 

Date: 09/22/20 09:56
Re: Amtrak No.30 and CSX Work Window East of Pittsburgh?
Author: GenePoon

Amtrak advisory lapsed at the end of July; the work is done.  Amtrak agent would not have it any more.

Effective Monday - Thursday, July 6 - 30, 2020

Due to track work being performed by CSX, Capitol Limited service may be affected as described below:

Monday - Thursday, July 2 through 30

Track work will be performed from 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. between Connellsville and Cumberland. In cases where Train 30 is more than sixty minutes late departing Pittsburgh, schedule changes will be as follows:

• Trains 29 and 30 will terminate and originate at Pittsburgh. Alternate transportation will be provided between Pittsburgh and Washington, DC, making stops at Pittsburgh, Connellsville, Cumberland, Martinsburg, Harpers Ferry, Rockville and Washington, DC.
  •  
  • Buses will discharge passengers only.
  •  
  • Trains 29 and 30 may see delays up to 30 minutes when operating through the trackwork area during this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/20 09:57 by GenePoon.

Date: 09/22/20 10:41
Re: Amtrak No.30 and CSX Work Window East of Pittsburgh?
Author: SP4360

Just use your magic pixie dust Delta One Up card and fly Bruce.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds