Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Passenger Trains > Wine Railroad trips out of LA

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 10/20/20 16:15
Wine Railroad trips out of LA
Author: walstib

The so-called Wine Railroad is advertising trips between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in February, 2021.

No real details beyond that.

https://xwinerailroad.com/?fbclid=IwAR0EAhOsxN4x3rh25El0SHmpiydkxj_a5lvpVlHqOXwmjSvyxbjr4XgIF28

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/20/20 17:39
Re: Wine Railroad trips out of LA
Author: barrydraper

If you click on the "Book Now" button it says, "No Products Found".  Caviat Emptor.

Date: 10/20/20 18:41
Author: RRBMail

How do you drink wine with a covid mask on? Dr. Fauchi says Summer 2021 maybe; Mayo Clinic says Summer 2021 maybe. Life on earth has always been at the the end of a very thin thread...some folks are just finding this out. Hope we don't have another year like this one, but it took the "Spanish Flu" two years to vanish...just saying.

Date: 10/20/20 20:36
Author: bobs

Amtrak has not changed anything regarding allowing PVs on Surfliner trains north from LA, meaning they aren't allowed.  Also, the cars they show in their advertising are at the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, AZ.  No similar cars are based in LA at the moment.

Date: 10/20/20 20:47
Author: dan

Perhaps they will lease American rail excursions cars, or whatever they are know as now,  and have , or anticipate working out a deal for the route and other pv's?

Date: 10/20/20 21:53
Author: cchan006

barrydraper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you click on the "Book Now" button it says, "No
> Products Found".  Caviat Emptor.

Didn't even have to visit the website to know that. When I'm suspicious, I do research without following the link, and that revealed a lot. 

I encourage people who don't mind leaving digital footprints to visit the link and give false hope to X Wine Railroad, that we are overwhelmingly interested (laugh).

Date: 10/20/20 21:54

walstib Wrote:
> The so-called Wine Railroad is advertising trips
> between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in February,
> 2021.

I'm curious - how did you first find about this organization? I'll explain my reasons for asking this later.

Date: 10/20/20 22:10

I’m familiar with them from observation over the years.

First, as their incarnation as the Vegas X Train, or whatever that adventure was called.

Then, when they moved into the coastal market and ran some wine train trips prior to 2018. They used the Anschutz cars at that time. I forget how many trips they ran, but it wasn’t very many. I think they filmed their slick, promotional video on the inaugural trip.

Knowing the current Amtrak regulations about PVs on Surfliners, I was surprised this morning when I read a post on Facebook touting the alleged, upcoming trip.

I don’t know what they’re up to, but it’s probably just more smoke and mirrors. This certainly wouldn’t be the first time they advertised trips that don’t happen.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/20 22:15 by walstib.

Date: 10/20/20 22:20

walstib Wrote:
> I don’t know what they’re up to, but it’s
> probably just more smoke and mirrors. This
> certainly wouldn’t be the first time they
> advertised trips that don’t happen.

Thanks for the reply. Similar to how I feel, smoke and mirrors.

While I didn't have a chance to book one of the LA Rail trips between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, it's too bad the Vino Train isn't running now.

Date: 10/20/20 22:29

This is a shot at Santa Barbara from their inaugural trip on Jan. 7, 2017. This is on Surfliner 777, heading back to LA.

I remember it was stormy and rainy on the trip north in the morning, and it looked like the day they filmed the promotional video with young, good-looking people casually sipping wine on the train. It was such a staged video it was laughable. Real passengers look different.

I know I have some other shots, but this is the only one at my fingertips this evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/20 22:37 by walstib.

Date: 10/20/20 22:31
Author: dan

this could be a ghost website, we saw it years ago?

Date: 10/20/20 22:36

dan Wrote: > this could be a ghost website, we saw it years ago?

The Feb. 13, 2021 trip date, on the lower, left of this screen grab of their website, is definitely new.

Date: 10/21/20 04:36
Author: Flyer92122

Amtrak may very well have new management first quarter next year. If so expect most of the poison pills this management (including Anderson) have instituted to be reversed. Assuming CoVid is under control next summer The Wine Train doesn't need much lead time. I'm sure it would sell out in a couple weeks. The demand is there. Getting the service advertised and name out there is smart as long as they aren't taking people's money with so many what if's. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/20 04:38 by Flyer92122.

Date: 10/21/20 05:16
Author: Molino

bobs Wrote:
> Amtrak has not changed anything regarding allowing
> PVs on Surfliner trains north from LA, meaning
> they aren't allowed.  Also, the cars they show in
> their advertising are at the Grand Canyon Railway
> in Williams, AZ.  No similar cars are based in LA
> at the moment.

That may be a good thing!  Imagine Washington politician's who used to balk about the cost of a cheeseburger to the taxpayers finding out about a wine excursion??

Date: 10/21/20 08:43
Author: czuleget

All the news papers are failing except the Epic Times. 

Date: 10/21/20 09:03
Author: co614

Just in case you haven't yet made the connection these are the same folks who said they were going to bring you high speed service from LA to Vegas on the UP. Remember. Then they ran a few trips on the Santa Fe Southern and left town owing lots of folks money. Now they're promoting this new wine gig. Wonder if they also sell bridges???

Ross Rowland 

Date: 10/21/20 10:56

Flyer92122 Wrote:
> Amtrak may very well have new management first
> quarter next year. If so expect most of the poison
> pills this management (including Anderson) have
> instituted to be reversed.

If that happens, I rather book with LA Rail Trips instead of from this organization. Are you not suspicious that they are selling you an idea based on future/speculation?

> The demand is there. Getting the
> service advertised and name out there is smart as
> long as they aren't taking people's money with so
> many what if's. 

Hence my snarky remark about visiting their web site and creating a perception of "high demand." Hope people realize that two can play the game in the Information Age.

Date: 10/21/20 11:03
Author: portlander

czuleget Wrote:
> All the news papers are failing except the Epic
> Times. 

Appealing to the LCD is quite the racket, eh?

Date: 10/21/20 20:37
Author: bobs

cchan006 Wrote:
> If that happens, I rather book with LA Rail Trips
> instead of from this organization. Are you not
> suspicious that they are selling you an idea based
> on future/speculation?
The Overland Trail and Pacific Trail, and their owners, have moved to Maryland.  The Silver Splendor was sold to a tourist line in New Hampshire.  So the Vino Train as it used to be is dead, no matter what changes Amtrak might make with new management.

The Anchutz cars moved to the Grand Canyon RR last year.

Date: 10/22/20 20:25

bobs Wrote:
> The Overland Trail and Pacific Trail, and their
> owners, have moved to Maryland.  The Silver
> Splendor was sold to a tourist line in New
> Hampshire.  So the Vino Train as it used to be is
> dead, no matter what changes Amtrak might make
> with new management.
>
> The Anchutz cars moved to the Grand Canyon RR last
> year.

Thanks for the info. Even more smokes and mirrors, since I'm sure the Wine Railroad people knew this, too. Keep visiting that web site! :-)

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0796 seconds