Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > Required connection time at NYP?

Date: 10/24/20 15:06
Required connection time at NYP?
Author: RMD23

Playing around on Amtrak site looking at new schedules and decided to see the cost of a midweek Atlanta to Albany, NY trip in mid-November.   Amtrak seems to think there is no same day options for this trip (no - this is not a 3 day a week thing).  Crescent arrival is 146pm and there are four departures with space available from 440pm onward until almost 900 pm.  What gives?  Puts a big market off the table.

Date: 10/24/20 16:30
Re: Required connection time at NYP?
Author: njmidland

I have had this happen - I don't know if it is a glitch or a commentary on the lateness of the Crescent.

What I did that seemed to work was book myself on the Crescent to Washington, DC then a Northeast Regional train to NYC which allow me to book the same day to Albany.

Date: 10/25/20 00:31
Author: RRBMail

Better late than never!

Date: 10/25/20 12:00
Author: BobB

Check actual Crescent arrival times into NY Penn.  If they aren't too bad, buy a separate ticket to Albany.  This is similar to what I did during the years that Amtrak would not sell a through ticket from the Starlight southbound to the Zephyr eastbound with a connection at Emeryville.  Instead it insisted on connecting at Sacramento, which meant getting off the Starlight before 6 a.m. and waiting six hours for the Zephyr if both were on time.  Amtrak may not have a through rate from the Crescent to Albany; if it does, this suggestion may be a little more expensive, but at least you'll be able to do it.

Date: 10/26/20 23:11
Author: wzd

You might check with a live Amtrak agent on the possibility of a through ticket.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds