Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > Brightline construction?

Date: 11/20/20 18:16
Brightline construction?
Author: amtrakbill

Heard something tonight (3rd hand) from someone working on the brightline construction near orlando

He said he is being laid off as they might be stopping the construction

I haven’t seen any news reports

Any insight from anyone on this board?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/20/20 18:51
Re: Brightline construction?
Author: akpsteam

Haven't heard anything about construction stopping. I did saw a recent article that Brightline might start running again in 1st quarter next upcoming year.
https://www.thenextmiami.com/when-will-brightline-resume-service-probably-1q-2021-a-company-executive-says/?fbclid=IwAR32lKFSIQ0hwSD5YGs5Oh-40_MkWJZrdSW7p2FBYAEq3lNwEPwrZH6jFUc

Date: 11/20/20 21:10
Author: ts1457

amtrakbill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard something tonight (3rd hand) from someone
> working on the brightline construction near
> orlando
>
> He said he is being laid off as they might be
> stopping the construction

I don't want to hear anything like that.

Maybe it is just one section which is having a delay for some reason.

Date: 11/21/20 08:14
Author: BruceStikkers

They recently delayed there Las Vegas plans due to the inability to raise funds in the current economic uncertainty. I saw a lot of their new construction last February while visiting my son in Orlando. They are obviously spending an incredible amount of money every day with all the work they are doing. I would not be surprised if they have to hit pause and take a breath until the economic situation clarifies. I think they are one of the best possibilities for us to see passenger trains expand throughout the country. I have been amazed at what they have been able to accomplish so far and hope things settle down and they can move ahead at full speed.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 11/21/20 11:07
Author: Lackawanna484

BrightLine had a meeting last week with the Greater Orlando Airport Authority, BrightLine expressed its expectation that it would complete the project on time.  And proffered several achieved milestones. 

From this article, it seems like Orlando area interests are now adding items they would like to see in version 2.0,like a spur to the Convention Center.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/11/12/brightline-gives-construction-update-on-orlando.html

Date: 11/21/20 15:26
Author: SanDiegan

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BrightLine had a meeting last week with the
> Greater Orlando Airport Authority, BrightLine
> expressed its expectation that it would complete
> the project on time.  And proffered several
> achieved milestones. 
>
> From this article, it seems like Orlando area
> interests are now adding items they would like to
> see in version 2.0,like a spur to the Convention
> Center.
>
> https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/11/1
> 2/brightline-gives-construction-update-on-orlando.
> html

Slippery slope. Hopefully, a private company can so "no" easier than a governemnt agency.

Date: 11/23/20 13:32
Author: Macster

No work stoppage on the Orlando to West Palm Beach segment. They didn't get the funding due to the pandemic for the Vegas to Victorville/LA segments but will likely revisit next year.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds