Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Passenger Trains > No Texas Eagle Sunday


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 02/20/21 08:35
No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have something to do with water and electricity issues at San Antonio or Fort Worth?



Date: 02/20/21 08:45
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: jst3751

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have
> something to do with water and electricity issues
> at San Antonio or Fort Worth?

Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts? Yes.

I would think that those in and around weather affected areas of Texas have much larger and more pressing concerns than that of operating an Amtrak train.



Date: 02/20/21 09:01
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

jst3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mp51w Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have
> > something to do with water and electricity
> issues
> > at San Antonio or Fort Worth?
>
> Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts? Yes.
>
> I would think that those in and around weather
> affected areas of Texas have much larger and more
> pressing concerns than that of operating an Amtrak
> train.
I would think this would be a chance to return to normalcy!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/21 10:03 by mp51w.



Date: 02/20/21 09:04
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: DevalDragon

I don't understand how running a passenger train would help people get back to normal when they have no electricity, no heat, no water and now no food.



Date: 02/20/21 09:05
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: StarlightRider

I have noticed that #21 and #22 seem to be running again but only between Chicago and St.Louis.



Date: 02/20/21 09:07
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jst3751 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mp51w Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have
> > > something to do with water and electricity
> > issues
> > > at San Antonio or Fort Worth?
> >
> > Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts? Yes.
> >
> > I would think that those in and around weather
> > affected areas of Texas have much larger and
> more
> > pressing concerns than that of operating an
> Amtrak
> > train.
> I would think this would be a chance to return to
> norlmacy!
Maybe a way to get out of their predicament, a la CanCruz!
Possibly some travelers have been stuck there since before the Artic front?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/21 09:32 by mp51w.



Date: 02/20/21 09:52
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: SunsetLtd

The entire area has had no electricity or running water for days. That means no potable water to fill up cars, and no ground power in San Antonio to keep the cars thawed. The Austin station suffered a broken pipe and flooded. Plus each subdivision the Eagle runs on from San Antonio to Temple has rough 40-50 XH orders (just about every crossing you can think of). So yes it's wise to keep it cancelled into next week. Today is the first day in a week where Texas will remain above freezing finally. 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/21 09:52 by SunsetLtd.



Date: 02/20/21 09:56
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: jst3751

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jst3751 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mp51w Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have
> > > something to do with water and electricity
> > issues
> > > at San Antonio or Fort Worth?
> >
> > Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts? Yes.
> >
> > I would think that those in and around weather
> > affected areas of Texas have much larger and
> more
> > pressing concerns than that of operating an
> Amtrak
> > train.
> I would think this would be a chance to return to
> norlmacy!

Normalcy (correct spelling) starts with the basics, like running potable water, electricity, sewer and food.



Date: 02/20/21 10:05
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

jst3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mp51w Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > jst3751 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > mp51w Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > This is getting ridiculous!  Does it have
> > > > something to do with water and electricity
> > > issues
> > > > at San Antonio or Fort Worth?
> > >
> > > Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts?
> Yes.
> > >
> > > I would think that those in and around
> weather
> > > affected areas of Texas have much larger and
> > more
> > > pressing concerns than that of operating an
> > Amtrak
> > > train.
> > I would think this would be a chance to return
> to
> > norlmacy!
>
> Normalcy (correct spelling) starts with the
> basics, like running potable water, electricity,
> sewer and food.
Corrected, but what about the people that want to go down to Texas and help?



Date: 02/20/21 10:07
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jst3751 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mp51w Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > jst3751 Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > mp51w Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > This is getting ridiculous!  Does it
> have
> > > > > something to do with water and
> electricity
> > > > issues
> > > > > at San Antonio or Fort Worth?
> > > >
> > > > Ridiculous to post such ridiculous posts?
> > Yes.
> > > >
> > > > I would think that those in and around
> > weather
> > > > affected areas of Texas have much larger
> and
> > > more
> > > > pressing concerns than that of operating an
> > > Amtrak
> > > > train.
> > > I would think this would be a chance to
> return
> > to
> > > norlmacy!
> >
> > Normalcy (correct spelling) starts with the
> > basics, like running potable water,
> electricity,
> > sewer and food.
> Corrected, but what about the people that want to
> go down to Texas and help?
At least run it to Fort Worth and back!



Date: 02/20/21 10:17
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: SunsetLtd

You think Arkansas and North Texas are any better? Texarkana saw a foot of snow (this isn't the northeast or midwest where we get this year after year). There aren't plows to readily come and plow the line open. Little Rock isn't expected to get above freezing till today as well. Then you have broken rails since NO trains have been running (UP Tied everything down pretty much). Let the host railroads thaw a bit and clean up unless you want to run a 16 hour late train that may not even make it half way. And what happens if the engine knocks out and passengers need resuce but the commuity they're in doesn't have food, water, or electricity? They'll resume on Tuesday from both San Antonio and Chicago. The Sunsets are launching on Sunday/Monday. 



Date: 02/20/21 10:58
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

SunsetLtd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You think Arkansas and North Texas are any better?
> Texarkana saw a foot of snow (this isn't the
> northeast or midwest where we get this year after
> year). There aren't plows to readily come and plow
> the line open. Little Rock isn't expected to get
> above freezing till today as well. Then you have
> broken rails since NO trains have been running (UP
> Tied everything down pretty much). Let the host
> railroads thaw a bit and clean up unless you want
> to run a 16 hour late train that may not even make
> it half way. And what happens if the engine knocks
> out and passengers need resuce but the commuity
> they're in doesn't have food, water, or
> electricity? They'll resume on Tuesday from both
> San Antonio and Chicago. The Sunsets are launching
> on Sunday/Monday. 
It's over bro!  https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/314cdad5ea34433886e18b24cde67fede92c34bff28c3f89ba11b8382c777e11



Date: 02/20/21 11:20
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: DevalDragon

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It's over bro! 
> https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/314cdad5ea34
> 433886e18b24cde67fede92c34bff28c3f89ba11b8382c777e
> 11

A warm up isn't magically going to turn the lights on or replenish all the grocery stores or repessurize municipal water supplies.

In fact, it will cause flooding from the melting snow and more damage will become apparent as frozen pipes are discovered.

If you're a carpenter or a plumber, I'd be heading to Texas right now. You'll make a killing. Of course you'd be prudent to drive and bring tools and materials as they won't fit on the train.

And please, don't call me "bro."



Date: 02/20/21 11:35
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

DevalDragon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mp51w Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > It's over bro! 
> >
> https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/314cdad5ea34
>
> >
> 433886e18b24cde67fede92c34bff28c3f89ba11b8382c777e
>
> > 11
>
> A warm up isn't magically going to turn the lights
> on or replenish all the grocery stores or
> repessurize municipal water supplies.
>
> In fact, it will cause flooding from the melting
> snow and more damage will become apparent as
> frozen pipes are discovered.
>
> If you're a carpenter or a plumber, I'd be heading
> to Texas right now. You'll make a killing. Of
> course you'd be prudent to drive and bring tools
> and materials as they won't fit on the train.
>
> And please, don't call me "bro."
Sorry sir!  Order some porta pottys!  They can water thet train in FTW if SAS is out of service.



Date: 02/20/21 12:03
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: jst3751

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DevalDragon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mp51w Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > It's over bro! 
> > >
> >
> https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/314cdad5ea34
>
> >
> > >
> >
> 433886e18b24cde67fede92c34bff28c3f89ba11b8382c777e
>
> >
> > > 11
> >
> > A warm up isn't magically going to turn the
> lights
> > on or replenish all the grocery stores or
> > repessurize municipal water supplies.
> >
> > In fact, it will cause flooding from the
> melting
> > snow and more damage will become apparent as
> > frozen pipes are discovered.
> >
> > If you're a carpenter or a plumber, I'd be
> heading
> > to Texas right now. You'll make a killing. Of
> > course you'd be prudent to drive and bring
> tools
> > and materials as they won't fit on the train.
> >
> > And please, don't call me "bro."
> Sorry sir!  Order some porta pottys!  They can
> water thet train in FTW if SAS is out of service.

You just don't get it. 

DONE!



Date: 02/20/21 12:16
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: mp51w

jst3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mp51w Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > DevalDragon Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > mp51w Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > >
> > > > It's over bro! 
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/314cdad5ea34
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> 433886e18b24cde67fede92c34bff28c3f89ba11b8382c777e
>
> >
> > >
> > > > 11
> > >
> > > A warm up isn't magically going to turn the
> > lights
> > > on or replenish all the grocery stores or
> > > repessurize municipal water supplies.
> > >
> > > In fact, it will cause flooding from the
> > melting
> > > snow and more damage will become apparent as
> > > frozen pipes are discovered.
> > >
> > > If you're a carpenter or a plumber, I'd be
> > heading
> > > to Texas right now. You'll make a killing. Of
> > > course you'd be prudent to drive and bring
> > tools
> > > and materials as they won't fit on the train.
> > >
> > > And please, don't call me "bro."
> > Sorry sir!  Order some porta pottys!  They
> can
> > water thet train in FTW if SAS is out of
> service.
>
> You just don't get it. 
>
> DONE!
Today I get it!  Tomorrow, no!  Done!



Date: 02/20/21 15:09
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: rgzfan

I think it's ridiculous for people to gripe about ridiculous posts.



Date: 02/20/21 15:20
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: robj

Of course it is not important except to the people who were expecting use the train.
Now if the facilities or track is not in service of course that is another thing.

But to say it is not important?  I think the OP point is that besides the Eagle Amtrak seems to be cancelling all over the place with service that is already greatly curtailed.
Even something very simple like the Hiawatha service is a hit or miss.

Bob



Date: 02/20/21 19:17
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: JimMRL

Everyone who does NOT live in the area "hold your horses" to use a little Texas lingo.

The GOOD:
Electricity is back for almost everyone.
The little snow we got is melted, no flooding that I know of.
The roads are dry except for a few icy spots on neighborhood roads.
The temp is above freezing and is not forecasted to go below for the next 10 days.
Lot's of city's today lifted the boil water notice, more will over the next few days.
The delivery trucks are running again.

The BAD:
For the short term, say through the weekend, the supply of gas, bottled water, and food is limited.
For the people who were without power for days, there will be significant issues with burst pipes.  Of the few dozen people I talked to today no one had any burst pipes or knew of anyone with this issue.  I'm not saying what is being reported on the national news is totally wrong, there are homes/business with significant issues.  But when you watch the news it makes it sound like EVERY house and business is having issues, this is not correct.

These are my observations of living in the DFW area and other areas of Texas may be different.



Date: 02/21/21 14:18
Re: No Texas Eagle Sunday
Author: ProAmtrak

I realty sucks some people don't pay attention on  why a train can't run! Look at the situation instead of drawing conclusions because my experience with a lady riding a very late no. 3 because of flooding really showed me how blind people get at times!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/21 20:29 by ProAmtrak.



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.086 seconds