Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak email

Date: 03/02/21 07:42
Amtrak email
Author: Cole42

I got an email from Amtrak advertising $9 coach fare for the Auto train (+ vehicle).   That has to be a record low fare I'd think.  I reckon $9 is better than $0 if people aren't riding, but just how much will $9 a person help.  I didn't read the details to see if they upped the vehicle cost to offset the fare, but still pretty amazing to go VA to FL for $9.

Date: 03/02/21 07:45
Re: Amtrak email
Author: BaltoJoey

The $9 fare is only good Soutyhbound. LOL

I got  the same rmail today. ;-) 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/21 09:26 by BaltoJoey.

Date: 03/02/21 14:02
Author: PRR1361

Why are they pushing southbound?  This is peak season for snowbirds to head south. The bargains shuld be north until April.

Date: 03/02/21 17:14
Author: wzd

If you go, you gotta come back. 

Date: 03/02/21 19:01
Author: P

'Snowbirds' are already in Florida.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/03/21 07:17
Author: ns1000

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'Snowbirds' are already in Florida.
>
> Posted from Android

A retired couple that bought my mom's house leaves for Florida every November....doesn't come home until Spring.

Date: 03/03/21 08:14
Author: jcoons

It is helpful to ensure the details are included, not just the pricing as some sort of malfeasance on the part of Amtrak.

The sale is on for bookings made during the period of 3/2-3/12 and is valid for travel 3/15 through 6/30. Also important that the sale is fares “as low as” - so this pricing will not be available on every train, every day. Only those train days that have demonstrated historic weakness - such as midweek - are likely to offer the lower pricing. This is also not all seats, but a very small number.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds