Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Like a Bat Outta Patrick!

Date: 03/06/21 20:06
Like a Bat Outta Patrick!
Author: BoilingMan

Patrick?  Yeah, I'd never heard of it either.   But I found the spot on a topo map where I'd taken this, and the closest name on the map was "Patrick". 
Huh. 
Okay.
SR

Amtrak #6, at track speed, crossing the Truckee River near Patrick, Nevada.  (East of Reno)

Date: 03/06/21 20:22
Re: Like a Bat Outta Patrick!
Author: photobob

I like it. Great lighting and composition.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 03/06/21 20:30

Thanks, PhotoBob!
SR

Date: 03/06/21 20:32

Maybe Patrick is a cat?
Maybe this is Patrick?
SR

Date: 03/06/21 20:40
Author: IC_2024

Excellent, SR!  Love the backlighting and have many good memories of running "out on the sand" to Lovelock years ago.  I had an interesting way of remembering the siding locations out there by using an acroynm: "SVHPCTF, DHM, UP, OT, GP":  "Sometimes very happy people can talk forever; deadheads move Union Pacific, on time, w/good pay."
Translation: Sparks, Vista, Hafed, PATRICK, Clark, Thisbe, Fernley, Darwin, Hazen, Massie, Upsal, Parran, Ocala, Toy, Granite Point, Perth...   Soooo, I kinda used some of my "alco-demic" learning from college on the RR, too--haha!
Quick quiz question:  "Do you know who Thisbe was?!?"  (DO NOT use Google,here!  Top of the head only....  Clue:  He's found in a literary masterpiece!)   So, I wrote my old College English prof Dr.Donald Michie, and told him that I used my English degree in a way since I instantly knew who Thisbe was!  Lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/21 20:47 by IC_2024.

Date: 03/06/21 21:50
Author: 4451Puff

I recall seeing a picture of this bridge some years back. It was mentioned there was a bit of a mishap between a train & the structure, hence the greater number of rivets (bolts?) on the right side beam. 

Desmond Praetzel "4451 Puff"

Date: 03/07/21 09:21
Author: texchief1

Very nice shot!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 03/08/21 12:59
Author: Copy19

I am familiar with these names "out on the sand" but I didn't know who Thisbe was.  So forgive me. I had to Google it.

JB - Omaha

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/21 13:19 by Copy19.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds