Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Passenger Trains > LA Union Station restoration

Date: 04/19/21 22:10
LA Union Station restoration
Author: OregonHoosier

An article in the Los Angeles Times with some nice photographs, in the context of the upcoming Academy Awards presentations:
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-04-19/union-station-oscars-2021-ceiling-painting-renovations
LA Times is behind a paywall, but you are supposed to get at least one free article per month. This one is worth checking out.

Date: 04/20/21 01:12
Re: LA Union Station restoration
Author: pdt

Nice article.    I dont think ive heard of a restoration as detailed as this.   There have been quite a few station restorations over the last 20-30 years, but I dont recall any being this detailed.
I could be wrong, but it seems in most station restorations, they are bringing the station back from the dead, and we are happy to see the station brought back to being a station, rather than an unsafe pile of rubble and dirt. 
In this case, its like they are trying to bring it back to brand new.   Of course, the entertainment will spend gobs of money to get something to look they way they want. And if they want the grandeur of the train station as the backdrop for the grandeur of their awards show, they will spend the bucks.
This SHOULD put to shame all the cities and towns that allowed their train stations to deteriorate and fall...especially if they still have train service.

Date: 04/20/21 07:48
Re: LA Union Station restoration
Author: webmaster

OregonHoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> An article in the Los Angeles Times with some nice
> photographs, in the context of the upcoming
> Academy Awards presentations:
> https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2
> 021-04-19/union-station-oscars-2021-ceiling-painti
> ng-renovations
> LA Times is behind a paywall, but you are supposed
> to get at least one free article per month. This
> one is worth checking out.

I setup one of my web browsers to reject cookies and use it for browsing newspapers that have partial paywalls. Without cookies they can't see that you already read an article and will keep showing you content. It works in most cases, but not all. 

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds