Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > Santa Barbara Stop

Date: 04/26/21 09:48
Santa Barbara Stop
Author: BoilingMan

SurfLiner 777 calls at Santa Barbara yesterday under a kinda threatening sky.  (It eventually sorta rained a little)
SR

Date: 04/26/21 10:09
Re: Santa Barbara Stop
Author: IC_2024

Wow, SR!  Clouds are awesome and what an amazing perspective...  I sure wish I was down there, too!   Really miss the days when we would layover at SBA, and seeing your photos brings back a lot of good memories for me.  ( If  I ever win the LOTTO, that's where I would retire!!)

Date: 04/26/21 10:29

Think "Live Aboard".  We're here, back were we started so many years ago, for about 10-15 cents on the (SBA style) dollar.  And I guess if you factor in we're (literally) on the water, it's probably even a better bargain than that!  
Best kept secret in town.
SR

Date: 04/26/21 14:59
Author: WoodrowStool

Great photo!  We're you up high or did this come from the drone?  That really is a gorgeous shot, thanks.

Date: 04/26/21 15:04

Both feet on the ground-  I shot this from "The Mesa", the hill that kinda frames downtown Santa Barbara.
SR

Date: 04/26/21 16:15
Author: PHall

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both feet on the ground-  I shot this from "The
> Mesa", the hill that kinda frames downtown Santa
> Barbara.
> SR

Is that otherwise known as "TV Hill"?

Date: 04/26/21 16:57

PHall Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
> Is that otherwise known as "TV Hill"?

Yes. The local station, KEYT, has been up there for about forever. They have a great view that lines up nicely with the RR and back in the 70’ & 80’s were nice about letting me use their rear patio for an occasional shot.
But that was then. I was turned away (again) yesterday. I got my shot from a city street below the TV station.
Actually, truth told, it doesn’t look all that different.
SR

Date: 04/26/21 18:27
Author: atsf121

Amazing photo, shows how beautiful Santa Barbara is. I’ve always liked it there since our first visit when I was a kid. But since I don’t have Oprah or Ellen money, I’ll just have to enjoy my occasional visits.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds