Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak's Julie must be working overtime...30 minute wait?

Date: 06/14/21 06:32
Amtrak's Julie must be working overtime...30 minute wait?
Author: frntinplate

While checking status of #3 this past weekend I called Julie to find out the score, and after listening to the long COVID mask requirement intro was told that all agents were busy and there was a 30 minute wait. The message also stated that  I could leave a call back number if I wanted. 

Queston:  I thought the train status option was some sort of voice activated software, so why a 30 minute wait?  Seems Amtrak coulld fix this glitch along with the other timetable related rants on TO.    Anyone else come up with this delay in train status information?

Date: 06/14/21 06:52
Re: Amtrak's Julie must be working overtime...30 minute wait?
Author: cozephyr

Another example of American downsizing.  Must be a software update that's created more passenger frustration-!

Date: 06/14/21 10:04
Author: Latebeans

I recently waited 40 minutes and then my call was dropped.

Date: 06/14/21 11:10
Author: Northeaster

I called this past weekend to make reservations for a November three city trip with sleepers and only waited about 30 seconds and the agent handled the entire job perfectly, including paying for one segment with points,  in about 4 minutes. Maybe try a different time of day?

Date: 06/14/21 12:11
Author: OregonHoosier

Instead of waiting all that time for an agent, you could get at least schedule information from the printed timetables which Amtrak.....oh wait, what did you say?....well, that's very different! Never mind. (with apologies to Emily Litella)

Date: 06/14/21 14:23
Author: goduckies

Just use the app, quick and efficient!

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/21 14:31
Author: robj

Well if there was a problem with the automated train status then everyone would be directed to agents?  Couple times I looked at transitdocs(sp) and they said no update from Amtrak.

Bob

Date: 06/14/21 22:04
Author: Pioneer2526

But on the app your limited what you can do to change a reservation

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/15/21 17:19
Author: atsf121

It’s not just Amtrak. Heard a story on the news radio this morning that airline call centers are overwhelmed. The one comment was that it would be faster to drive to the airport and work with the desk agent there. Things are opening up but there may be staffing and technology issues along the way.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/16/21 15:17
Author: BoilingMan

I called to make a rez yesterday (6/15) and was on hold for 90min!  The agent that finally picked up was at the Philadelphia Call Center, so was an actual Amtrak employee with 30yrs seniority.  She told me her mangers had expected it might take up to 2yrs for business to recover from Covid....   WRONG!     Business has come roaring back and has completely overwhelmed them.  She's been working plenty of overtime ($$$$$), but said they clearly need to hire.
SR

Date: 06/16/21 21:34
Author: ProAmtrak

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I called to make a rez yesterday (6/15) and was on
> hold for 90min!  The agent that finally picked up
> was at the Philadelphia Call Center, so was an
> actual Amtrak employee with 30yrs seniority.  She
> told me her mangers had expected it might take up
> to 2yrs for business to recover from Covid.... 
>  WRONG!     Business has come roaring back and
> has completely overwhelmed them.  She's been
> working plenty of overtime ($$$$$), but said they
> clearly need to hire.
> SR

That's getting with your pants down, look at what the airlines did, what they did was smart, and it paid off, sad Amtrak can't do the same!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds