Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 14+1 - Tioga Pass - Steilacoom

Date: 06/22/21 22:12
Amtrak 14+1 - Tioga Pass - Steilacoom
Author: DelMonteX

As previously reported, the Tioga Pass was catching a ride from the Starlight today.     Here's both at Bridge 14 in Steilacoom, WA.    Down nearly and hour at one point, the train ended up only 27 minutes late in to Seattle. 

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Date: 06/23/21 08:30
Re: Amtrak 14+1 - Tioga Pass - Steilacoom
Author: railstiesballast

Thanks for the photo.  My wife and I rode this train from Salinas to Vancouver.   We were OT through Chemault then had to work around some UP freights to Eugene.
Three days earlier (6/18) we had ridden No. 14 from Los Angeles to Salinas in Business Coach, on time all the way.
Yesterday we met an on time No. 11 at Hito then sat in the siding an extra 12 +/- minutes before getting underway again.
The train seemed quite full except for Business Class coach.  Our roomette was in the 1440 car, first behind the baggage.  
The food service was good enough to survive on, but not everything on the menu was in stock, apparently soon after departing the terminals.
The attendant in the Lounge Car was very busy and very efficient.  20 minutes in the line around lunch time on 14 of the 18th.

Date: 06/23/21 15:01
Author: goduckies

I'm staying at the embassy suites and saw it there wish I had the time to get a pic

Posted from Android

Date: 06/24/21 11:51
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE!!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds