Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Passenger Trains > How short is short

Date: 06/23/21 17:17
How short is short
Author: tomstp

Todays eastbound Eangle ran with only 4 cars and one engine.

Date: 06/23/21 18:19
Re: How short is short
Author: mp51w

I'm beginning to wonder if we will see any increase in long distance train consists for the Summer peak?

Date: 06/23/21 19:50
Author: stuporchief

They are closing in on their goal: 0 cars!

Date: 06/23/21 19:56
Author: 41bridge

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm beginning to wonder if we will see any
> increase in long distance train consists for the
> Summer peak?

Summer peak? I’d say we are there now.  4th of July is 10 days away. I’m guessing what you’re seeing now will be the norm this summer. Sad, unbelievable. 

Date: 06/23/21 20:28
Author: altoonafn

Or, perhaps the demand is not there to justify 8 cars. 

Not everything is an evil plot against Amtrak. 

Date: 06/23/21 20:30
Author: Drknow

I don’t think you are going to see the great throngs of crowds the media has been spouting about. The money isn’t there.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/24/21 03:53
Author: Train29

Lack of money doesn't seem to be affecting rebounding air travel and resulting TSA wait times. 

Date: 06/24/21 08:55
Author: Railfan83

altoonafn Wrote:
> Or, perhaps the demand is not there to justify 8
> cars. 
>
> Not everything is an evil plot against Amtrak. 

We are at summer peak and the demand for the Eagle is there but Amtrak has cut the train short and is selling out but refuses to return to pre-covid consist.  Another reason the Eagle is short is that it's lacking the Sightseer Car, "retired" per Amtrak.  

Date: 06/24/21 09:06
Author: jp1822

Train is coming up pretty full, if not SOLD OUT in sleeper on some days I looked for a reservation later this month and into July.......When I came back home from  being out West in late May - using a cmbination of trains including the Capitol Limited, Lake Shore, and Empire Builder - ALL three trains were at near full loads in both sleeper and coach. People were paying a LOT of money for rental cars and to travel. Demand is there from I am seeing. I don't get the game that Amtrak is playing with the supply and demand models. Does not make sense to me at all. The Western Long Hauls need additional sleepers more time than not to keep up with multiple turnovers they have enroute. Amtrak won't even invest in any kind of "wait list" for when or if space becomes available...... Onboard crew for Empire Builder have said they were overdue for a second Seattle coach and second Seattle sleeper, and that was end of May. It was expected, but Amtrak didn't deliver it. Staff was aligned for it (from Seattle crew base - even running extra crew membes at the time I was on), but again, Amtrak didn't add the equipment. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/21 14:26 by jp1822.

Date: 06/24/21 18:27
Author: jcaestecker

Is the Eagle the next Sunset?

-John

Date: 06/25/21 13:32
Author: SanDiegan

jcaestecker Wrote:
> Is the Eagle the next Sunset?
>
> -John

Well it's the Sunset/Eagle after all !

Date: 06/25/21 13:33
Author: SanDiegan

Train29 Wrote:
> Lack of money doesn't seem to be affecting
> rebounding air travel and resulting TSA wait
> times. 

Air travel is a lot more affordable ...

Date: 06/26/21 10:21
Author: joemvcnj

Most of California's Superliner coaches have come off lease. There is no excuse for slashing consists, except top management is playing games.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds