Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Passenger Trains > Old Brewery, Old Depot, Old Varnish, Oh Boy

Date: 09/21/21 18:47
Old Brewery, Old Depot, Old Varnish, Oh Boy
Author: walstib

I did the Burlington-Fort Madison Amtrak afternoon shuffle again today.

First up is Amtrak 5 at Burlington, Iowa. I chose the 117-year-old abandoned Moehn Brewery as a backdrop. Two private cars bring up the markers.

I then shuffled down to Fort Madison, with the hope of catching number 3 at the old Santa Fe —soon to be new Amtrak — depot. Despite a few nail-biting minutes when my shot was blocked by one, then a second stack train, it worked out well. The platforms at the new depot are finished, and I understand some interior work in the depot needs to be completed before it can open. The Kansas City crews also need to be qualified for the distance from the old depot to the new facility. 

There's already some confusion in Fort Madison about where the train stops. A somewhat frantic couple pulled up at the Santa Fe depot and asked me where the train stops. I did my best to direct them down to 20th Street.

After all that, I still had time to get to the current Fort Madison Depot to catch number 3 departing.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds