Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Passenger Trains > Lake Shore Ltd - roomettes facing the Hudson

Date: 09/22/21 23:37
Lake Shore Ltd - roomettes facing the Hudson
Author: wzd

On the Lake Shore Ltd leaving New York, is there any predictability for which roomettes will be facing the Hudson or is car placement somewhat random?

If I wind up away from the river, is there a lounge car where I can sit and enjoy the view.

A few years ago, I got lucky and had a nice view of the river, would like to do it again.

Thanks,
-wzd

Date: 09/23/21 00:51
Re: Lake Shore Ltd - roomettes facing the Hudson
Author: GenePoon

Amtrak Viewliners normally operate with the bedroom/vestibule end forward.  This places the EVEN numbered roomettes on the LEFT (fireman) side of the train.

On Amtrak 49, Lake Shore Limited westbound, this puts the EVEN numbered roomettes facing the Hudson River.

Date: 09/23/21 03:55
Author: Train29

On the 20th Century Limited the bedrooms always faced the Hudson. But obviously only half the roomettes did. That would be way to much to ask of Amtrak.  Sad the LSL doesn't have an new expensive Viewliner diner to be used as a lounge. It would greatly enhance the experience. But  Amtrak isn't interested  in that. Any current lounge (if there even is one) is totally inadequate.

Date: 09/23/21 04:36
Author: RevRandy

Took only 3 replies to get around to complaining about the food. (almost a new record for comments on an unrelated topic)  [now see that comment has been removed - good]

The NY section of the LSL has a sleeper lounge (aka diner) available to all sleeping car passengers - so if you do end up on the side away from the river you should have access to some awesome views in the lounge - in fact, the views from there are even better with a whole wall of windows. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/21 12:02 by RevRandy.

Date: 09/28/21 18:50
Author: wzd

Thanks for the info on roomette position, lounge car, etc.

Bill D.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds