Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Passenger Trains > Siemens Special Move- Take Two!

Date: 09/23/21 13:30
Siemens Special Move- Take Two!
Author: KM-ML4000

Last weeks Siemens special move of the first VIA train set fell flat on it's face, and the train set obviously never left the Siemens Sacramento facility. Siemens will make another attempt at shipping the train set again on Friday 9/24. Also now on the radar, the first Phase II Brightline train set is planned to ship on October 4th. Again, with all the issues Siemens is having, these dates are about as firm as ice cream on a Vegas sidewalk in the middle of July.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/21 13:31 by KM-ML4000.

Date: 09/23/21 13:43
Re: Siemens Special Move- Take Two!
Author: DevalDragon

What is the problem exactly?

Date: 09/23/21 14:47

I am not able to disclose issues that are not already publicly known. Let's just say Siemens is trying to compete with CAF for worst rail car quality car builder in North America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/21 08:49 by KM-ML4000.

Date: 09/23/21 17:48
Author: hsr_fan

Is the Phase II Brightline set longer than 4 cars?  Does it have a cafe car of some sort?  Curious to know the plan for expanding the existing sets.

Date: 09/23/21 19:46

I can not answer the Brightline train set size question. All I do know is Siemens has hopes of shipping something to Brightline on 10/4. Two years ago I would say this was probably a good bet, but that is no longer the case.

Date: 09/23/21 22:28
Author: 2904

More Siemens junk, going to be a lot of unhappy customers and passengers over the next decade.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/24/21 06:33
Author: joemvcnj

​Amfleet-3 they are not, but we'll see what happens when real service life hits them. 
Model railroading has gone from Tyco, Varney, MRC, and Athearn cheap plastic models to Rapido Trains over 40 years.
Prototype railroading seems to be doing the reverse. 

Date: 09/24/21 09:06
Author: Macster

hsr_fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the Phase II Brightline set longer than 4
> cars?  Does it have a cafe car of some sort? 
> Curious to know the plan for expanding the
> existing sets.

They said they are expanding to 6 car sets on their Facebook live for the Orlando opening.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0536 seconds