Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Passenger Trains > Rail Workers With COVID Sets Record

Date: 01/08/22 20:56
Rail Workers With COVID Sets Record
Author: pt199

http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/3e5706924b99c2e99ef1f023069802e9?s=50&d=identicon&r=GRail Workers With COVID-19 Sets Record
by csanders429

Using data from the Federal Railroad Administration, Trains magazine reported this week on its website that the number of railroad workers infected with COVID-19 has reached its highest point of the pandemic.
That occurred for the week ending Jan. 1, eclipsing a mark set for the week ending Jan. 9, 2021.
The Trains report said 2,171 railroad workers had contracted COVID-19 while 2,551 were in quarantine after being exposed to the virus.
The figures include Class 1 and short line railroads as well as Amtrak and commuter railroads.  

Date: 01/09/22 03:41
Re: Rail Workers With COVID Sets Record
Author: steamloco

Everyone I know or have been around lately has had a runny nose or slight cough but it goes away in a few days. No big deal, just a slight sore throat for me in the evening a couple nights but life goes on. It is winter and those tests don't distinguish between the flu, Covid or a cold anyway and people are always sick every winter with something every year, nothing new for January. 

Date: 01/09/22 04:14
Author: Train29

Well said Steamloco. It's a bad flu season. But with the flu, we never had all the testing being done now (if you can find one) that results in people staying home from work which results in transport being canceled, schools being closed, and sports postponed. All these closures affect each and everyone of us.  You might not travel, but you do depend on the truck driver to get food to your local grocery. You might have kids in school who aren't and are forced by the teacher's unions to stay home causing you not to go to work. Which in turn in someway affects someone else. It's like a chain reaction putting a strain on the economy. Please stay home if you feel sick. And possibly get a test if you can find one. Stay away from someone you think might be compromised. But life needs to go on. Do you not drive because you fear getting in a crash or worse killing someone else? Do you not fly because there is a minuscule chance something will go wrong?  Just my thoughts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Thank God we live in a country where that is still mostly allowed.  

Date: 01/09/22 04:55
Author: steamloco

Funny you mentioned a truck driver hauling food, that's what I do and don't get paid to stay home. 51 years out here and if you don't move you don't get paid.

Date: 01/09/22 07:33
Author: P

We all know why this virus was used against regular people, but it should be clear to all that there is now a complete lack of leadership at all levels.
Keep in mind that a significant number if people do not like good leadership. It is attacked ruthlessly by a powerful minority with many falling in line. Sad state of affairs, and worse, that we find ourselves in

Posted from Android

Date: 01/09/22 07:38
Author: dan

25% of pepole in colorado have it  , it has been reported, those figures are undereprted too, i have it my neighbors have it, customers have it, perhaps we will get some heard immunity, or at least exposure?

Date: 01/09/22 07:54
Author: radar

st Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is winter and those tests don't
> distinguish between the flu, Covid or a cold
> anyway

That is false information.  Both the rapid test and the PCR test can tell whether it is covid-19 or something else.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.084 seconds