Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak schedules online


Date: 01/12/22 16:32
Amtrak schedules online
Author: RJM29

Does anyone know if Amtrak plans to put traditional schedules back up on line?  The current arrangement is for a 'personal timetable' only from point A to point B. This is useless for those of us that want to see the normal schedule for their trains.  They used to have full timetables up; are there plans to return to that format?
RJM



Date: 01/12/22 18:25
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: calumet

RJM29 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if Amtrak plans to put
> traditional schedules back up on line?  The
> current arrangement is for a 'personal timetable'
> only from point A to point B. This is useless for
> those of us that want to see the normal schedule
> for their trains.  They used to have full
> timetables up; are there plans to return to that
> format?

You can find timetables here:  TimeTables - AmtrakTimeTables.com

 



Date: 01/13/22 02:38
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: mp51w

The Southwest Chief schedule needs to be updated on his website.



Date: 01/13/22 03:00
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: RayH

calumet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RJM29 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anyone know if Amtrak plans to put
> > traditional schedules back up on line?  The
> > current arrangement is for a 'personal
> timetable'
> > only from point A to point B. This is useless
> for
> > those of us that want to see the normal
> schedule
> > for their trains.  They used to have full
> > timetables up; are there plans to return to
> that
> > format?
>
> You can find timetables here:  TimeTables -
> AmtrakTimeTables.com
>
I'm not sure about other trains, but the northbound Palmetto timetable is not current. #90 is about 45 minutes earlier now leaving Savannah.



Date: 01/13/22 05:45
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: agent1522

I use www.railpassengers.org/resources/amtrak-timetables/ to acess Amtrak's schedules.  They range in dates from October, 2020  to relatively current (Nov 21) but at they give em the information I want and are very helpful when travelling.



Date: 01/13/22 09:26
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: WP17

As we all know, Amtrak has decided not to publish a national timetable (that was 4-5 years ago) or more recently even timetables for individual routes/trains. Several individuals and organizations have collected and posted the latest published timetables for many trains/routes, and I commend these folks for doing so.
I'm disappointed by the reaction of several others who reacted by pointing out that several timetables need to be updated. I suggest instead of complaining, you generate an updated timetable and offer to share it with others. 

WP17 



Date: 01/13/22 12:53
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: mundo

I have given NARP-RPA  and the Timetable collectors Assn, many of the PDF timetables as they are released.


When anyone on TO finds a newer PDF edition, please advise us all.



Date: 01/13/22 21:31
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: P

If it has really been 4-5 years since they have made these available, then it would be extremely concerning that we may never see them again.

In reality, this is another attack on the LD network as these schedules are needed in order to properly plan a LD trip. especially when a connection is required.

Posted from Android



Date: 01/14/22 09:22
Re: Amtrak schedules online
Author: GeoffM

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it has really been 4-5 years since they have
> made these available, then it would be extremely
> concerning that we may never see them again.
>
> In reality, this is another attack on the LD
> network as these schedules are needed in order to
> properly plan a LD trip. especially when a
> connection is required.
>
> Posted from Android

Back in the mid-90s as a young foreigner in the US, my USA Rail Pass was utilised to the max because I was able to plan my route around the country with the schedule book. I could see places Amtrak went, and where it didn't. I could see which were trains and which were Thruway buses. I discovered cities I'd never heard of, or had heard of but didn't know where they were. Even as a rail fan, I think I would give up on the current Amtrak website if I were starting that adventure today. I don't think Amtrak understand how valuable it was. Even the old Thomas Cook timetables are better than this, but they still omit vital information.

I post on Reddit in the Amtrak subreddit and there are frequently people there trying to find out why there are no schedules from X to Y. Often it turns out X, Y, or both are bus stops last served in the 1960s* but still exist on Amtrak's website in the "station" list. I may have helped a few actually travel on Amtrak once their confusion has been resolved, but how many more just give up in frustration?

* Exaggeration



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds