Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Passenger Trains > Hiawatha Cancellations

Date: 01/24/22 09:30
Hiawatha Cancellations
Author: sethamtrak

Effective today the 24th, trains 329/330/341/342 and Friday train 343 are annulled due to covid cuts. 

Today trains 331 and 334 are cancelled. Last night over the radio I heard the crew of 342 radioing the conductor about multiple fault codes. I only caught one which was a code for a "DEF tank frozen". Train 381 left with engine 33 which came off yesterdays train 4. Must not have spare chargers available. Unsure about why 331/334 was cancelled. 

Including the covid cut runs and 331/334 - only 332/333/335/336/337/338/339/340 are running. Far from the old 14 trips. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/22 10:18 by sethamtrak.

Date: 01/24/22 10:09
Re: Hiawatha Cancellations
Author: DevalDragon

I hope Amtrak is giving a discount to the State of Illinois for the reduced service.

Date: 01/24/22 10:54
Author: PC1974

Instead of a discount, bet Amtrak is giving them 66 Billion excuses....

Date: 01/24/22 10:59
Author: Train29

Can we please stop blaming Covid for everything that goes wrong. The Supreme Court overturned the vac. mandates. So those not vaccinated can work. Stop testing unless you have symptoms.. Stay home if sick. Otherwise get off your butts and go to work. People are also spolied by the seemingly endless government payouts. 

Date: 01/24/22 11:35
Author: DevalDragon

Train29 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can we please stop blaming Covid for everything
> that goes wrong. The Supreme Court overturned the
> vac. mandates. So those not vaccinated can work.
> Stop testing unless you have symptoms.. Stay home
> if sick. Otherwise get off your butts and go to
> work. People are also spolied by the seemingly
> endless government payouts. 

These "endless goverment payouts" ended quite some time ago. Amtrak dropped the vaccine mandate long before the Supreme Court got involved. It there is a lot more at play here than just Covid.

Date: 01/24/22 13:06
Author: bbaker

Agree- there is a lot more going here than COVID.  

BUT people who comment here are entitlted to their opinions.

Unfortunately Amtrak has a lot of serious problems and they have been frequently documented on Trainorders.  It''s a real shame.

BB

Date: 01/24/22 16:51
Author: 4552

331 & 334 were cancelled because they abolished all the regular jobs late last night, then the crew caller failed to call a crew off the extra board to fill the job. By the time it was realized there was no crew, it was too late and they just cancelled the trains.

Date: 01/24/22 20:03
Author: wa4umr

It's not just Amtrak.  It seems like just about everyone is in the same situation.  The airlines, restaurants, small businesses, etc...   A friend went to a drive-through restaurant and it took over a half-hour to get his food.  People were pulling out of line in frustration.  When he got to the window to pick up his order, the lady apologized for the poor service.  She said that only three people showed up for work today and they were doing the best they could.

When I go to some smaller restaurants, I call ahead to make sure they are open and have dining room service.  Everyone is blaming it on covid and the government has made it easy to blame it on that.  Shot mandates, a minimum number of days off, stay home if you've been exposed.  

John

Date: 01/25/22 04:24
Author: joemvcnj

I find that regular diner-style restaurants are doing just fine with staffing, service, and patronage. It is the fast-order restaurants chains that can't seem to staff or keep their table areas open and inside order counters open.

Date: 01/25/22 06:42
Author: jp1822

My trip to Staples and Panera revealed that "new hires" on the cash register and/or drive through window. That's a first that I've seen. Hopefully things will start to turn? Who knows. 

Date: 01/25/22 07:17
Author: Flyer92122

Using the money to write off being stiffed from MO. Bend over backwards to anti rail conservative states like AL or MO, and screw the states that are actually pro rail. Yes that's cynical but isn't that's what's happening under Gardner. 

DevalDragon Wrote:
> I hope Amtrak is giving a discount to the State of
> Illinois for the reduced service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/22 07:23 by Flyer92122.

Date: 01/26/22 15:35
Author: ProAmtrak

Train29 Wrote:
> Can we please stop blaming Covid for everything
> that goes wrong. The Supreme Court overturned the
> vac. mandates. So those not vaccinated can work.
> Stop testing unless you have symptoms.. Stay home
> if sick. Otherwise get off your butts and go to
> work. People are also spolied by the seemingly
> endless government payouts. 

Symptoms? Sympotoms? I could care less about that question since when I was a kid, when I got sick it always caught me off guard, still does, so what's the point on having that claim when even some poeple who got it never had symptoms!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds