Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Passenger Trains > Another preventable Porter problem

Date: 01/25/22 18:40
Another preventable Porter problem
Author: twropr

Typhoon - you can change the channel if you'd like
This morning 33G was parked on TK 1 east of CP 487 and westbounds were passing him on TK 2.
As PERE MARQUETTE 371 was approaching CP 482 (Porter, IN), NS 21J went thru Chesterton (about a mile east of 482) on TK 2, so 371 had to stop and wait for himm befoerwe following on TK 2.  Foreman D5150 had men doing something on TK 1 around MP 484.3, so it was slow going between 482 and 487.  371 cleared 482 about 8:08 and did not report by CP 491 until about 8:31.  Next CAPITOL LIMITED 29 showed up, passing 482 about 8:12.  29 was further delayed due to difficulty communicating with D5150 for permission by his limits.  He did not clear 491 until about 8:45.
WOLVERINE 350 reported by CP 494 about the time 29 passed 482.  He was held for 21J, 371 and 29 and cleared 482 at 9:08 - about 40 min later than if he hadn't been blocked by the westbounds.
IF 21J had been routed via the controlled siding from 482 and held at 483 for 371, 29 (passing him on TK 1 and diverting to TK 2 at 482) and 350 the delays to each passenger trtain would have been much less and even the delay to 21J, which was mostly bare tables, would have been much less than 40 min.
Andy

Date: 01/25/22 20:02
Re: Another preventable Porter problem
Author: DevalDragon

Porter problem preventable by who?

Date: 01/26/22 12:18
Author: Typhoon

twropr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Typhoon - you can change the channel if you'd
> like
> This morning 33G was parked on TK 1 east of CP 487
> and westbounds were passing him on TK 2.
> As PERE MARQUETTE 371 was approaching CP 482
> (Porter, IN), NS 21J went thru Chesterton (about a
> mile east of 482) on TK 2, so 371 had to stop and
> wait for himm befoerwe following on TK 2. 
> Foreman D5150 had men doing something on TK 1
> around MP 484.3, so it was slow going between 482
> and 487.  371 cleared 482 about 8:08 and did not
> report by CP 491 until about 8:31.  Next CAPITOL
> LIMITED 29 showed up, passing 482 about 8:12.  29
> was further delayed due to difficulty
> communicating with D5150 for permission by his
> limits.  He did not clear 491 until about 8:45.
> WOLVERINE 350 reported by CP 494 about the time 29
> passed 482.  He was held for 21J, 371 and 29 and
> cleared 482 at 9:08 - about 40 min later than if
> he hadn't been blocked by the westbounds.
> IF 21J had been routed via the controlled siding
> from 482 and held at 483 for 371, 29 (passing him
> on TK 1 and diverting to TK 2 at 482) and 350 the
> delays to each passenger trtain would have been
> much less and even the delay to 21J, which was
> mostly bare tables, would have been much less than
> 40 min.
> Andy

I noticed that you have not responded to the facts presented to you in your Pennsylvanian thread.  Shocking.....

Date: 01/26/22 15:12
Author: ProAmtrak

That's saying something about this guy, he probably doesn't know much about railroad ops!

Date: 01/26/22 16:05
Author: DevalDragon

He has a scanner and an ATCS screen. That makes him an expert

Date: 01/26/22 17:05
Author: justalurker66

twropr Wrote:
> IF 21J had been routed via the controlled siding from 482 and held at 483 for 371,

Have you ever seen the controlled siding at 483?
Perhaps you need to take a field trip and take a look.

Have you ever seen a train in that controlled siding?

Before making such a suggestion you should probably learn more about the track you are talking about.

Date: 01/27/22 08:13
Author: tradermarco

It's the constant drumbeat of posts like these that reduce the value of this website, so I have to let my membership lapse. There is way too much whining about "illegal freight delays", (what is that anyway?), and constantly posting about the incompetence of Amtrak management.

Amtrak is a government entity, and staffed by political cronies. This isn't a really a secret, is it?

I'm sure the vast majority of people who support this website think positively about trains, however, it's the usual one or two bad actors that ruin the play.

When this subject was broached earlier, I was told trainorders.com had an ignore function, however, seems there is no such feature here, however, on other free railroad websites that feature is available, and it's been a blessing.

What I don't understand is why admins/moderators don't reign these clowns in, to take responsibility for the integrity of the website. Indeed, there is a cost to storing messages on a cloud server, wouldn't admins want to reduce that cost, as for some reason, people want to respond to these posts, giving the original bad actor the attention he desires.

So, for each original "time wasting post", there are 5-10 other responses, and this happens daily.

Anyway, I just had to create this post (my first and last) to hopefully draw some attention to this problem, as it's only going to get bigger.
Thank you.

Date: 01/27/22 15:10
Author: ProAmtrak

DevalDragon Wrote:
> He has a scanner and an ATCS screen. That makes
> him an expert

I have a scanner and I learned a lot since 94 on railroad ops and could easily tell which DS is good and which DS is bad, all this and that and whatnot, and having it while railfanning, it really let's you appreciate how a railroad works, sad this guy is like an armchair QB!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0638 seconds