Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Passenger Trains > Backwards Surfliners

Date: 10/18/02 18:34
Backwards Surfliners
Author: F59PHI450

Is anyone else here noticing that more and more Surfliner sets are operating with the cab cars facing LA rather than the engines? I\'ve seen 4 backwards sets in the last 3 weeks. What gives?
-F59PHI450

Date: 10/18/02 18:40
Re: Backwards Surfliners
Author: lrvto

Yes, last Saturday I paced one down the Old Town corridor that was engine towards Santa Fe Depot.
Thought it unusual at the time also.

Date: 10/18/02 18:57
Author: GP25

I notice 783 to Santa Barbara with the Unit Leading too. This was on wednesday Night. And from what the Station attendant at Van Nuys. Say they have had a few Surfliners from LA with the Unit Leading and the Cabcar on the end. Was I guess they had a few problems with a few Cabcars or Units.

Date: 10/18/02 20:26
Author: chrisg

With the service going only to Santa Barbara, the drip pans used there could be on the other end of the old servicing tracks so that would mean the reverse of the engine ends. As sooon as they get back to Goleta after the 29th , it all may return to normal. This is just a guess on my part.

Chris

Date: 10/18/02 20:56
Chrisg is 100% correct.
Author: aheld

That\'s it exactly Chris. Barring the destruction of any further cabcars, they\'ll be back to normal once the repair work in Goleta is completed.

-andrew

Date: 10/18/02 21:39
Re: Chrisg is 100% correct.
Author: PhantomofCajon

Train sets are supposed to be reversed as a result of using the old SBA spur (Train 783 which turns as 772 are supposed to be wyed out of LAX north then next day out of LAX south) and potential "noise" issues from the pony motors on the PHI\'s. GTA is having new drip pans installed and track surfacing done. Hope this helps a little.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds