Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Passenger Trains > I could have chased the Cardinal, by airplane...

Date: 04/27/22 19:14
I could have chased the Cardinal, by airplane...
Author: tq-07fan

I am in Alexandria VA for the Spring 2022 Motor Bus Society Meet. I rode the Metrorail from here and Metro buses in DC then rode the VRE back to Crystal City. Getting close to Crystal City I saw a walking path above the right of way and thought it would make for some good shots. I had rode VRE train 335 and knew I only had ten minutes to get back to the spot for VRE train 313. Not only did I get a northbound VRE deadhead move but I also got the Cardinal. I flew from CVG to DCA for $ 49 so if I had really been on the ball this morning I could have took pictures of the Cardinal in Cincinnati then got the same train here in Alexandria. Hey, and someone needs to cut down the stupid trees before these shots are obscured!
1) Before I could get there a northbound deadhead move came by. 
2) VRE Train 313.
3) Amtrak 50 Cardinal. That's the control tower for DCA, Ronald Reagan National Airport in the left of the picture.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/22 19:18 by tq-07fan.

Date: 04/27/22 20:15
Re: I could have chased the Cardinal, by airplane...
Author: GP25

I wondered what where Amtrak Unit 183 went.

It was on the west coast for a long time. 
Before the Siemen Chargers came out here.
I saw it a few times on the Starlight and on the Sunset Limited

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 04/28/22 00:48
Author: mp51w

A double header, just lke Metra!

Date: 04/28/22 01:48
Author: jp1822

Anyone know what's with the cafe car at the front of the Cardinal. Dead-head move? Business class was removed from the Cardinal, last time I knew. The regular food service car is next to the Viewliner Sleeper. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds