Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Rail Future in VA!!

Date: 05/19/22 14:37
Amtrak Rail Future in VA!!
Author: Passfanatic

Date: 05/19/22 15:05
Re: Amtrak Rail Future in VA!!
Author: ts1457

The second page was not necessary. Just creates confusion.

Date: 05/19/22 16:09

The 2nd page has information that isn't really relevent-the turbo train info. The turbo trains didn't last long at all. I don't think the the route in Michigan needs to be mentioned. As for the info about the Amfleet Is, it's probably fine to keep that in as it gives a background of the equipment assigned to the Regional trains that run into Virginia. When they say new when referring to Amfleets, they probably are describing the time the Amfleets entered revenue service and what people would look forward to.

The introduction of dual powered catenary/diesel Siemems Venture trainsets will certainly help reduce the dwell time at DC Union Station for the Northeast Regionals continuing onto the Hampton Roads, Blacksburg, and Richmond. While nice for railfans to observe, those engine changes at DC Union Station take too long. It will be great from a business perspective to have time reduced from the schedule in DC. It sounds like between 2026 and 2028, the Siemens Venture trainsets will enter revenue service on the Northeast Regionals that are running below DC.

Date: 05/20/22 07:42
Author: tq-07fan

So will the former RF&P eventuallly be electrified? 

I liked the second page. Not really relevant but still cool... 

Jim

Date: 05/20/22 08:24
Author: amtrakbill

I hope the procurement people ride the Brightline cars and have a design that closely follows their design

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/22 14:07

I believe that the Amtrak owned Siemens Venture cars will be based off the design of Brightline’s.

I wouldn’t count on the wires being strung south of DC Union Station. With the dual powered trainsets, there is no reason to. Plus I’m not sure if CSX would like the wires being strung as the former RF&P will always be a busy thoroughfare for CSX. Not sure if people living in many of the towns along the route would like having the wires added.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds