Home Open Account Help 154 users online

Passenger Trains > Flooding delayed train 8 (22).

Date: 06/24/22 20:35
Flooding delayed train 8 (22).
Author: howeld

Train 8 of the 22nd arriving into Chicago tonight about 7 hours down. 5 of those hours could be attributed to some seriously heavy rain between St Cloud and Staples, MN.

I was up half the night in St Cloud watching the lighting from this storm from our hotel. We were traveling up the the Mississippi headwaters and had to find a detour around the town. I had hoped to catch #8 on the way but it never left Staples, MN while I was near the line. Upon returning south I could see where water was several feet deep and running fast over roads and driveways in a small area. SR 10 was still closed and underwater. BNSF parallels SR 10.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/30-people-evacuated-as-flooding-hammers-small-town-in-central-minnesota

Date: 06/24/22 20:45
Re: Flooding delayed train 8 (22).
Author: gnr999

It is US 10 highway

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/25/22 08:19
Author: czephyr17

It looks like Randall, MN which is a station on the BNSF line between Staples and Little Falls used by Amtrak, was ground zero for the rain.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/25/22 08:47
Author: TAW

Two days before, on No 7, we ran at Restricted Speed west of Minneapolis for two hours through a monster storm and flood warnings. From an hour out, the lightning illuminated the clouds almost constantly.

I sure wouldn't want to be a hoghead running Restricted Speed for two hours.

TAW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds