Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Passenger Trains > Delay Aug 1 #4 LAX - Fullerton

Date: 08/02/22 12:51
Delay Aug 1 #4 LAX - Fullerton
Author: fredstout

Why did #4 loose so much time between LAX and Fullerton?

Date: 08/02/22 12:58
Re: Delay Aug 1 #4 LAX - Fullerton
Author: SCAX3401

It was some mechanical issue before it even departed LAX.  It might (might) have departed and then immediately backed into the station (from watching Train Tracker).  Amtrak Tweeted about the mechanical delay to #4 a few times yesterday.  Its consist viewed from the Railcam at Fullerton showed a regular consist (for these post-Covid days anyway) except the second locomotive was facing to the rear inside of the normal forward.  So one possibility is that a locomotive had some issue that utlimately required it to be replaced with a spare that wasn't facing the right way.

Date: 08/02/22 19:45
Author: ProAmtrak

They still had issues because the ABQ Crew I talked with, the head conductor told me they had 30 minutes before they die and what I saw on the tracker earlier tonight, they had to patch no. 4 again at Grants! Anyone confirm the later?

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/22 17:37 by ProAmtrak.

Date: 08/03/22 05:57
Author: ronald321

All I can say is -- Amtrak has the money to replace the Superliner fleet,  but  has not asked the DOT for the money,  that is just sitting there waiting for them.

BTW:  Amtrak has so many Billions available to it -- that replacing Superliners is a drop in the bucket.  But they won't do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/22 06:00 by ronald321.

Date: 08/06/22 17:38
Author: ProAmtrak

ronald321 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I can say is -- Amtrak has the money to
> replace the Superliner fleet,  but  has not
> asked the DOT for the money,  that is just
> sitting there waiting for them.
>
> BTW:  Amtrak has so many Billions available to it
> -- that replacing Superliners is a drop in the
> bucket.  But they won't do it.

And you're getting worried about it? That shows what Amamangment's up to, they want the LD Network gone as soon as possible!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds