Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Passenger Trains > VRE fare holidays for months of Sept & Oct

Date: 08/03/22 08:09
VRE fare holidays for months of Sept & Oct
Author: Dcmcrider

No fares charged on Virginia Railway Express in the month of September. 

VRE is Fare-Free in September! To thank all our riders who continued using the VRE service throughout the pandemic and to welcome returning and new riders, VRE will go fare free for the month of September. No tickets will be sold, no ticket checks by the conductors – just a fare-free easy commute. From Thursday September 1st through Friday September 30th all travel, for all zones will be free.

--Source: VRE

Additionally, for the month of October, no fares will be charged within Zones 1-3 (north of Backlick Rd and Franconia-Springfield) due to the Blue/Yellow line shutdown south of National Airport. Metro says it needs a six-week shutdown, beginning Sept. 10, to "cut in" the new tracks for the Potomac Yard station.

Paul Wilson
Arlington, VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/22 08:35 by Dcmcrider.

Date: 08/03/22 14:42
Re: VRE fare holidays for months of Sept & Oct
Author: fooshie

Sadly, for me this offer is useless. I live in Arlington and work near the Franconia-Springfield station, but unlike the Metro, the VRE doesn't have southbound service during AM rush hour.

Looks as if I'll be spending the Blue Line closure either donating my salary to OPEC or crammed on a bus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/22 14:42 by fooshie.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds