Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Passenger Trains > article:sound transit light rail/gentler kind of fare enforcement

Date: 09/09/22 06:09
article:sound transit light rail/gentler kind of fare enforcement
Author: goneon66

Date: 09/09/22 18:36
Re: article:sound transit light rail/gentler kind of fare enforce
Author: fritzrr

Wow. What a Fu$%ing joke.We are doomed as a nation...

Fritz in MD

Date: 09/09/22 20:43
Author: poffcapt

I have always wondered why turnstiles weren't installed from the "get go"?

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/11/22 09:05
Author: cchan006

fritzrr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. What a Fu$%ing joke.We are doomed as a
> nation...
>
> Fritz in MD

Not the whole nation, yet. Fare enforcement is simply fare enforcement in San Diego and Phoenix, where I've done public transit trips recently, even during the pandemic. The fare enforcers walk the entire train (light rail) and check EVERYBODY. For times and locations where there's potential passenger crowding, they bring in more teams of fare enforcers. Can't be simpler than that. No political CRAP.

Using "public transit compassion" in exchange for votes is a fraud. Let's call out what this is. How sad Seattle is circling the drain.

I have a funny story from Phoenix. One guy was loitering the station, begging the riders to buy him a ticket. He was afraid of getting caught without a ticket (by the enforcers). Seems enforcement works. If an individual wants to subsidize his travel out of personal compassion, that's OK with me, no need to ask taxpayers to pay for services they don't want to pay for.

Date: 09/11/22 10:56
Author: PHall

cchan006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fritzrr Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow. What a Fu$%ing joke.We are doomed as a
> > nation...
> >
> > Fritz in MD
>
> Not the whole nation, yet. Fare enforcement is
> simply fare enforcement in San Diego and Phoenix,
> where I've done public transit trips recently,
> even during the pandemic. The fare enforcers walk
> the entire train (light rail) and check EVERYBODY.
> For times and locations where there's potential
> passenger crowding, they bring in more teams of
> fare enforcers. Can't be simpler than that. No
> political CRAP.
>

Usually it's not "political CRAP" but a court order. Got a problem with that, go convince the judge otherwise.

Date: 09/11/22 12:46
Author: justalurker66

I would like to do a survey, without enforcement, of every person on the trains for a full day to see what the statistics truly are.

Statistics that state 9% of ridership is one race yet 22% of fines were levied against that race SOUND racist - but without a complete survey we don't know if non-payment is concentrated by race.It is a falacy to assume that non-payment rates are equal across all races. And such assumptions of an equal non-pay rate is just as bad as assuming all non-pay passengers are a particular race. Ask everyone on the train and see what the non-pay rate will be.

39% of ridership not bothering to pay a fare is a problem that needs a solution. Hopefully a solution that costs less than the fares missed.

Date: 09/11/22 12:55
Author: goneon66

let's also do a survey of after the arrest of every person on all modes of public transit to ascertain IF they paid their fare?

let's see what those results would reveal.............

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0628 seconds