Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak variety on the Seattle Sub

Date: 09/09/22 17:16
Amtrak variety on the Seattle Sub
Author: BrianA

While my main objective yesterday (9-8-22) was to photograph BNSF and any UP that happened along it seemed it was more of a "passenger train" day judging from what I caught. I started the day in Seattle shooting from the Lander Street overpass. Could not use my regular camera as the fencing over the tracks has narrow chain links I could not shoot through so I had one of my older smaller digital cameras with a narrow lens that worked a lot better.

1-2.  First trains were the Coast Starlight #11 with units 83/23 at 0952 and Amtrak Empire Builder #7 at 1112 with ALC-42 Charger 305 leading with Seattle's skyline behind.  The bluest skies are in Seattle?  Would be better without the wildfire smoke....
3.  Later that afternoon I was down at Kent, WA where I caught Amtrak #505 southbound with Cabbage 90230 up front at 1427.  That is the ex-Northern Pacific depot on the right.  I understand BNSF uses it for some kind of storage but other than that not much else.  Still nice to have some NP heritage still around between Seattle and Tacoma..
 Of all those lead units the 90230 would be the oldest originally being built as F40PH 230 in 1977.

Date: 09/10/22 13:59
Re: Amtrak variety on the Seattle Sub
Author: texchief1

Very nice shots!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds