Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Passenger Trains > Paradise web camera?

Date: 09/17/22 10:30
Paradise web camera?
Author: dbrcnw

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Paradise Web Camera (Strassburg RR) has been taken down forever or just for work?

I have found it interesting to watch the operations there including the occasional mainline train.

Thanks in advance for information.

DaleR

Date: 09/17/22 11:09
Re: Paradise web camera?
Author: boejoe

I noticed it hasn't worked for a while now - perhaps two weeks.

Date: 09/17/22 12:37
Author: SCAX3401

There is some issue at Paradise the musuem staff is trying to figure out.  First the needed some replacement parts but it seems those didn't fix the problem.  The Virtual Railfan site has a "Network Status" section that gives a brief explanation of any camera outage.  So it hasn't been removed, its just not working at the moment.

Date: 09/17/22 14:02
Author: OnTime

I have tried going on the virtual railfan site only to have a warning dialogue come up that says it may be an imposter and I should not continue on to it. What's up with that? anyone know anything?

Date: 09/17/22 16:23
Author: ClubCar

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed it hasn't worked for a while now -
> perhaps two weeks.
It has been down since the beginning of August due to a severe electrical storm with lightning that did damage to the camera and system.  There have been many discussions about this camera and most folks desire to see it repaired.  The story goes on to say that they have had many additional problems with the repairs; however, from the management at Strasburg Rail Road, it will be repaired at some point.  Someone else mentioned that all the folks who are complaining about the camera being out-of-service should send some money to Virtual Rail Fan, 714 George Street, Athens, TN 37303 which will help the expense of maintaining these cameras.  Just a few dollars from each one of you will speed things up.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 09/19/22 13:20
Author: mojo

What main line is that? I've never seen a train go by!

Date: 09/19/22 17:55
Author: anthracite

mojo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What main line is that? I've never seen a train go
> by!

It's Amtrak's electrified Philadelphia-to-Harrisburg Line, formerly the Main Line of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Amtrak operates _24_ Keystone Service trains on that trackage Monday through Friday (about 14 on weekends), as well as the eastbound and westbound Pennsylvanians between New York and Pittsburgh. I have no idea what time of day you had been checking that webcam, but the Amtrak trains are definitely running.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds