Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Passenger Trains > No. 91 at Ybor City today

Date: 09/23/22 16:07
No. 91 at Ybor City today
Author: bmarti7

The southbound Silver Service was just late enough today for me to get to Tampa for its departure to Miami. I found an open spot towards the west end of Ybor City. The streetcar showed up at the CSX crossing just as 91 was pulling from the depot. I thought the streetcat might have to wait at the CSX crossing but it shot on through. Thus my angle was poor to get a clean shot of the streetcar. Thanks for looking.

PCBill

Date: 09/23/22 19:32
Re: No. 91 at Ybor City today
Author: Panamerican99

The Ybor City-Tampa streetcar line was once historically presented but the local bus operation (HART) has destroyed it by wrapping the streetcars with various advertising and allowing streetcar motormen to play rap and hip hop "music" inside the cars.

Date: 09/23/22 19:35
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches and good looking passenger train. Glad you are getting out and looking forward to more Florida photos
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/24/22 07:22
Author: johnpage

Tampa's TECO streetcar line is operated as a free service, seven days a week. The price for having a free-to-all service is occasional car wrapping for advertising which brings in revenue to help cover the cost of operations, thus having less of a burden on taxpayers and helping to keep it running versus some politician becoming "outraged" at the cost of operations and therefore suggesting it be shut down. From the perspective of wanting historic purity, it's not so great. From the perspective of maintaining a good public service and urban transportation, it's something of a necessity, even if not a visually desirable outcome.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds