Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Passenger Trains > A Small Amtrak Clinch Last Week, The Port Defiance Cut-Off

Date: 09/24/22 17:27
A Small Amtrak Clinch Last Week, The Port Defiance Cut-Off
Author: tq-07fan

I just got home early this Morning from an incredible two week trip that involved clinching the three Canadian Territories, and completing the mainline on the Alaska Marine Highway System from Ketchikan to Bellingham to connect where i had previously sailed from Whittier. Between those two big clinches I ride Greyhound from Vancouver to Seattle, then LINK Light Rail to SeaTac to drop my roller case and ride the buses to Tukwila Station TUK to catch Amtrak Train 505. These are from last Saturday, September 17 2022.
1) Amtrak Train 505 arriving on time at Tukwila Washington. This station can be reached from bus route F of the King County Metro.
2) Of Interest the Amtrak survey now includes the option for riding because you want to as an option for why you took a train trip.3) I took a picture of the Tacoma Dome Station. The woman I was sitting next to said she takes the first two letters off the sign. 
 I said I took the last two letters off of Tacoma Dome. She said she will never get the Taco Dome concept out of her mind again.

Date: 09/24/22 17:28
Re: A Small Amtrak Clinch Last Week, The Port Defiance Cut-Off
Author: tq-07fan

I only rode to Olympia-Lacey OLW so I could ride Olympia's transit system, Intercity Transit back to where I could connect with a Sound Transit bus back to SeaTac.
4) The Intercity Transit Route 94 got to OLW about the same time the train got there. 
5) Train 505 from inside Intercity Transit.
6)  A shot of train 505 from Intercity Transit bus on Yeim Highway.

Thank you for looking!

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds