Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Passenger Trains > #3 stopped west of Plano

Date: 10/01/22 15:11
#3 stopped west of Plano
Author: OnTime

#3 is stopped west of Plano, Il. "Large debris on the track" says Amtrak. On Trac-a-Train it looks to be a couple of blocks west of a road crossing. Uh oh. Hope this is minor. Anyone know more than me?
New edit: now in "Service Disruption"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/22 15:30 by OnTime.

Date: 10/01/22 21:28
Re: #3 stopped west of Plano
Author: stevelv

OnTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #3 is stopped west of Plano, Il. "Large debris on
> the track" says Amtrak. On Trac-a-Train it looks
> to be a couple of blocks west of a road crossing.
> Uh oh. Hope this is minor. Anyone know more than
> me?
> New edit: now in "Service Disruption"

The Amtrak watch dogs on here are pretty quiet today as I was also wondering about any additional info of what happened at Plano.  I can add though that  train 3 didn't depart Fort Madison until 11:18 pm getting close to 5 hours late only 220 miles from Chicago.

Date: 10/01/22 23:31
Author: dan

the ATS shoe got ripped off and hit main reservoir, not sure what they did about a new loco

Date: 10/02/22 02:30
Author: mundo

Is ATS still in service with PTC  ?

Date: 10/02/22 03:06
Author: DevalDragon

mundo Wrote:
> Is ATS still in service with PTC  ?

There is no PTC on the Raton Pass line. Yet.

Date: 10/02/22 07:08
Author: Sneebly

DevalDragon Wrote:
> mundo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is ATS still in service with PTC  ?
>
BNSF has no intentions of installing PTC on the La Junta sub, So since ATS is a safety device (now obsolete because of PTC) The FRA says it must be maintained where PTC is not likely to be implimented, for only safety reasons only. In fact on this segment none of the trackage is maintained to level 5 track then the most that ATS could  gain you on passenger trains could be 1 mph.

Sneebly

Date: 10/02/22 11:12

Any word if it hit a shopping cart or something. Or just come loose, the ats shoe?   5 hours late here at Lamar 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/02/22 13:37
Author: ProAmtrak

With PTC then they don't have to worry about Premissive Block like they used to do all the time when the ATS wasn't working or had to switch engines around, sucks they shoe got knocked off, must've been soemthing very strong to knock that off!

Date: 10/02/22 15:14
Author: PHall

ATS is still in service between LA and San Diego. Amtrak and Metrolink engines and cab cars still have ATS shoes in place.

Date: 10/02/22 17:49
Author: mp51w

Dan, Is that drone video?

Date: 10/03/22 14:32
Author: texchief1

Do all the Amtrak locos have PTC?

Thanks.

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 10/03/22 14:43
Author: stevef

It was stated that BNSF had no intention of installing PTC on the La Junta Sub.  This is incorrect. The BNSF Kansas Division Timetable #5 dated February 16, 2022 now shows PTC in effect on the La Junta Sub for the full subdivision from CP Ice near Ellinor, Kansas to Las Animas Junction in Colorado.  It is on the BNSF Raton and Glorieta subs (that are only used by Amtrak) where there is no PTC. ATS remains on the Raton subdivision from Las Animas Junction MP 557 to Trinidad along with inert ATS inductors on 9 sets of curves throughout the subdivision. There is no PTC on the Raton subdivision.

Also, Metrolink in Southern California has removed ATS as a control feature as shown on its Timetable #13 dated June 4, 2022 for the Orange subdivision. Previously Rule 12.0 stated that "ATS is in effect on Main Tracks between CP Songs and MP 177.5" near Santa Ana. All timetable mention or use of ATS or Rule 12 have now been removed for this subdivision. 

Date: 10/03/22 16:15

mp51w Wrote:
> Dan, Is that drone video?

no it is a cam,  https://www.viaero.com/live-weather-videos, click on the dot for sangre ,east of alamosa, and you can watch

Date: 10/03/22 19:19
Author: Sneebly

I now know that that I was wrong.  I was informed about this from a Amtrak friend/  I had no intention to deceive.

John Hake
How should I prepare my crow!

Date: 10/03/22 19:52
Author: DevalDragon

Sneebly Wrote:
> I now know that that I was wrong.  I was informed
> about this from a Amtrak friend/  I had no
> intention to deceive.
>
> John Hake
> How should I prepare my crow!

Medium Rare.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0536 seconds