Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Passenger Trains > Pic of the week, Sunset Limited

Date: 04/08/03 17:56
Pic of the week, Sunset Limited
Author: brettrw

This weeks Pic of the Week at Railroad Crossings is of the Sunset Limited #1, in Florida. (running relatively on time)...:o) Hope you enjoy. Follow the link to a large, high resolution image.

http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/weeklypic/weeklypic.html

Brett

Date: 04/08/03 18:41
Re: Pic of the week, Sunset Limited
Author: LenKratz

Brett, another nice photo. I was at that exact location in April 1997. During that trip I photographed my first CSX dedicated maintenance locos in orange with black lettering.

By the way, look for more of my SD75 images on Chuck Donaldson\'s site in a few days.

Len Kratz

P.S. Are you sure that isn\'t the Amtrak auto train heading North out of Sanford?

Date: 04/08/03 18:50

Yep, that\'s the Sunset. The Auto train goes through J-ville. My mistake.

Len

Date: 04/08/03 18:55

LenKratz wrote:

>
> P.S. Are you sure that isn\'t the Amtrak auto train heading North out of Sanford?
>
Thats a big 10-4, definitely not the Auto train. The CSX Baldwin yards, just to the right of the train, see only the Sunset (which never pass through the yards, rather just to the north of them) and the Palmetto, which passes there in the early morning hours. (ie dark)

The other Amtrak trains through FLA run on the CSX line about 15 miles east of here.

Will look for your shots on Chuck\'s site. Have you looked at mine for the UP SD-70\'s? You are more than welcome to send some my way.

http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/up4000/contributors.html

Date: 04/08/03 18:57

You posted while I was replying, you got it figured out!

Date: 04/08/03 19:03
"Senior Moment"

I\'ve been getting a lot of those lately. Will be heading over to the Needles Sub this coming weekend.

L

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds