Home Open Account Help 115 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak #27 late again

Date: 11/19/22 16:01
Amtrak #27 late again
Author: swaool

Her nose plastered with snow and ice left over from crossing Marias Pass, and running nearly six hours late, Amtrak 301 leads train #27 past the Missile Base ballast pit at East Lamphier (WA) on the Lakeside sub.  11/19/22.

mike woodruff
spokane

Date: 11/19/22 16:11
Re: Amtrak #27 late again
Author: joemvcnj

Siemens made it OK through the snow.
That "50" on the logo could easily be mistaken for the unit number at first glance. 

Date: 11/19/22 17:31
Author: Goatboat

I caught it at Wishram.

Date: 11/19/22 18:16
Author: amtrak8

It would appear that the engineers wiper has an issue though.  It's all the way over to the fireman's side and looks like it is lifted.  So that block of ice appears to be preventing it from functioning....

Date: 11/19/22 19:19
Author: ProAmtrak

I'm surprised the wiper blade's still on it, I had to get a new one on my Escape because of the ice last year, same scenario if you don't have a lock on the front wipers, it can fling the balde off of it in a heartbeat!

Date: 11/19/22 20:41
Author: Pacific5th

I said a week or so ago that they would be late again. BNSF can't manage anything right now. They couldn't dispatch a a train through a wet paper bag right now. Northern Lines are a mess and will be for months. 

Date: 11/20/22 02:24
Author: jp1822

Pacific5th Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I said a week or so ago that they would be late
> again. BNSF can't manage anything right now. They
> couldn't dispatch a a train through a wet paper
> bag right now. Northern Lines are a mess and will
> be for months. 

This train had over a four hour delay outside of Milwaukee after striking a vehicle at a crossing. That perpetuated the lateness right at the start of the trip, not BNSF. This train #27 and #7 didn't get into their western terminals on 11/19 till around 4:30 pm PT. Train sets were turned (same day turn in effect) and they departed just before 9 pm to head back east - a bit over 4 hours late to start the journey.... So here we go again with late departure from western terminals. Hopefully #8/28 can make up some time before Minot where it gets dicecy with crew changes, etc., and can lead to late westbound departure out of Minot due to required crew rest. And it will start all over again. Amtrak could help itself by either 1) extra train set in Seattle/Portland (highly unlikely), or 2) adding to the extra board at Minot with crew training/flexibility that can run east or west from Minot....... Empire Builder still has a better on-time record than the CA Zephyr or Southwest Chief. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1243 seconds