Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Passenger Trains > Queen For A Day

Date: 11/29/22 16:55
Queen For A Day
Author: IAMTRAKN2

Amtrak extra 881 arrived today in the queen city of Charlotte at the newly constructed Charlotte Gateway Station platform, site ot the future station. Clearance testing of the platform will take place the next several days. It tied up at the NCDOT Locomotive Maintainence Repair Facility, located on the south side of the Carolina Panthers football stadium.

Date: 11/30/22 06:09
Re: Queen For A Day
Author: ClubCar

North Carolina has some nice passenger trains with quality rebuilt passenger cars.  This just shows what can be done when somebody who cares is in charge of the operations.  Gardner at Amtrak needs to go, the sooner, the better.

Date: 11/30/22 06:34
Re: Queen For A Day
Author: atsf121

Nice images, I haven’t been to Charlotte in a while now so I’m glad to see they are making progress on this project. Will the Gold line have a connection to this new station?

I like your pictures of their equipment, I was never able to see them when I was in town. Their paint scheme is very nice.

I rented one of the city bikes a few years ago and road out to the ex-Southern station. Nice building, but really far from anything. The new location is much better.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds