|Home||Open Account||Help||233 users online|
Passenger Trains > Young Photographers Scholarship - Steam, Steel and Strobes XII
Date: 11/29/22 17:59
Young Photographers Scholarship - Steam, Steel and Strobes XII
Young Photographers Scholarship - Steam, Steel and Strobes XII – 2023
For the twelfth year in a row, the Nevada Northern Railway Museum is offering a special Steam, Steel, and Strobes Scholarship to attend the railroad’s annual photo event in February. The competition is open to individuals from ages 18-30.
The Nevada Northern Railway Museum is making this opportunity available to encourage young adults to participate in an outstanding heritage railroading activity. Steve Crise, a professional photographer, will mentor the winners. This is an outstanding opportunity to participate and learn about heritage railroading. The photo shoots will be held February 3-5 and February 17-19, 2023.
There are two grand prize awards. They include free admittance to the event, a $750.00 stipend and lodging for two nights. Two runner-up awards will include free admittance to the photo shoot and a $500.00 stipend. You will receive your stipend upon your arrival at the Nevada Northern Railway offices in Ely, Nevada. All winners will have the opportunity to work with professional photographer Steve Crise during the February 2023 events.
Here’s how you can apply to this once in a lifetime opportunity:
1. To be eligible for this contest you must be between the ages of 18 – 30 years old, or will turn 18 years old in January 2023.
2. Email us your proposal in a Word or PDF document with your last name as the file name. Please tell us a few details about yourself and about the images you have sent in for the contest. For example, you could tell us where you shot each photo and why you believe this best represents your work. Please keep your proposal to 350 words. Your proposal will carry as much weight, as your images will, when we decide winners.
3. Along with your proposal, you will need to email us ONLY THREE IMAGES of your best work. If you send in only two images or more than three images, you will be disqualified. Your photographs DO NOT have to be of railroads or trains in general, you can submit any subject matter that you believe best represents your work.
4. Watermark your image with your last name and numbered in sequence, 001, 002, 003. For example, if your last name is Smith, label them Smith 001, Smith 002, Smith 003. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify you.
5. Images must be no larger than 10 inches on the widest side at 72 dpi. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify you.
6. The Nevada Northern will reserve the right to post your images on their website for promotional purposes only. Your photos will not be resold or distributed in any way without your written permission.
7. Previous grand prize winners are not eligible for the contest but we strongly urge former runners-up and prior contestants who did not win to enter again.
8. Please be sure that you are available on the weekends of the photoshoots in February. If for any reason you win and are not available for this season’s event, please notify us as soon as possible so that other runners-up may attend. No stipends will be rewarded in advance of your arrival at the offices of the Nevada Northern Railway in Ely, Nevada. No Exceptions.
9. When you have made your three image selections, have labeled them and sized them properly, please send your images and your 350 word proposal as a Word or PDF document, to Mark S. Bassett, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for entries is December 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST, please put Steam, Steel and Strobes in the subject line. Mark Bassett and Steve Crise will judge each entry and you will be notified after December 26, 2022 if you are among the winners.
We are very much looking forward to your submissions! Don’t hesitate, enter it today! For more information on the photo shoots go here; https://www.nnry.com/pages/photoshoot.php
Please share far and wide!
Mark S. Bassett
President, Nevada Northern Railway
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/22 15:14 by Scrise.