Home Open Account Help 136 users online

Passenger Trains > LA Gold Line

Date: 04/29/03 07:40
LA Gold Line
Author: BobM

The dedication of the LA Gold Line Southwest Museum station was held on Saturday, April 26. Car 250 was on display in the station. The event was attended by about 200 people, however, no TV stations showed up for this one. The press kit contained some new maps of the system, and there was another souvenir button for the dedication. The station is quite striking, with ornate ironwork harking back to the style of a century ago. The station has a translucent roof, intended to be a "lantern" in the neighborhood at night. The photo shows car 250 crossing Ave 45 on its way to the station, having been brought in to replace another car which was deemed to be too dirty to display. The neighborhood kids loved sitting in the cab, making trolley sounds and imagining themselves running the train. MTA will have a winner here.

Date: 04/29/03 07:54
LA Gold Line station pic?
Author: bnsfcajon

Do you have one to post? Sounds worth seeing. Did they mention an opening date rather than just July?

Date: 04/29/03 08:27
Re: LA Gold Line station pic?
Author: royaltrain

Does anyone know if the old Santa Fe station in Pasadena will be a stop on this new line? I recall using that station for the Super Chief Pre-Amtrak and the SW Chief prior to the re-routing.

Date: 04/29/03 09:11
Re: LA Gold Line station pic?
Author: CPRR

Logically, you would think that the Pasadena SF depot would be used, but alas, it was moved off the location and is still boarded up.

Date: 04/29/03 11:33
Re: Pasadena Station
Author: kd6pyd

From what I\'ve heard, the Pasadena station is to be move back to it\'s original location when the parking structure is completed.

Keith

Date: 04/29/03 13:30
Re: Pasadena Station
Author: BobM

The Gold Line tracks go into a tunnel and pass under Colorado Blvd. The tracks then briefly come out in the open at Holly street, pass under (and through) a new condo bldg, where there is a station platform, and then emerge in the center divider of the 210 freeway. There does not appear to be any provision for the old depot. I will post some station pics tonight.

Date: 04/29/03 15:16
Del Mar Station - Pasadena
Author: kimura

royaltrain wrote:

> Does anyone know if the old Santa Fe station in Pasadena will
> be a stop on this new line?

Yes, it will be moved from its current location in Central Park to the Del Mar Station area and refurbished.

Pasdena Gold Line web site:
http://www.la-pasblueline.org/

Pasadena Gold Line stations:
http://www.la-pasblueline.org/projectstation.htm

Date: 04/29/03 23:14
Re: Del Mar Station - Pasadena
Author: railrev

Anyone know if further station cermonies are planned?
I grew up in Highland Park and am looking forward to riding this line when it opens.
If there is a similar cermony at the Highland Park station, I would like to take my grandsons and show them where Grandpa was a boy.

Date: 04/29/03 23:26
Ave57/May10
Author: coachyard

Avenue 26 Station, Saturday, May 10, 11 am
Avenue 57 Station, Saturday, May 10, 2 pm
Chinatown Station, Saturday, May 17, 11 am

http://www.metrogoldline.org/dedications_la.htm

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.107 seconds