Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Passenger Trains > Zephyr not zippy

Date: 01/21/23 08:55
Zephyr not zippy
Author: atsf121

Was hoping to catch Amtrak #203 (Operation Lifesaver) headed east this morning as it arrived in Emeryville Friday, and usually turns around the next day to lead #6.  I hadn't seen any recent reports, but did notice that #6 was just coming off the Arnold Loop in Nevada this morning when I got up to go for a bike ride.  The Zephyr is not zippy of late with all the operation headaches on Donner.  I've seen #6 more in the past two weeks than in the past 6 months I think.  Since the Zephyr was still in Nevada, I had plenty of time to go on my bike ride, have breakfast, take care of some chores, and load a few of the kids in the car to drive over and catch the train.  No luck on the OLS unit, guess it had to stay in Oakland, so maybe we'll see it tomorrow.  It would be a week since we saw it last, and like I said, we've seen Amtrak more than usual due to the delays.

Anyhow, here's a plain jane #6 between Salt Lake and Provo on a chilly winter morning 1/21/23.

Nathan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/21/23 12:30
Re: Zephyr not zippy
Author: BlaineM

Good catch Nathan, being I'm knowledgeable of this area, being from this area and studying your video would this be in lower Lehi?
Keep up the good work as long as you can.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 01/21/23 13:26
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice video, Nathan - and a good look at the area there.

Rich

Date: 01/21/23 14:33
Author: cutboy1958

Very  pretty  scene. Needs  another  coach!!

Date: 01/21/23 16:16
Author: atsf121

BlaineM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good catch Nathan, being I'm knowledgeable of this
> area, being from this area and studying your video
> would this be in lower Lehi?
> Keep up the good work as long as you can.
> Blaine
> American Fork

Spot on Blaine, this is part of the S curve through Lehi. I’m just north of the corner of 100 W and 500 S. The Center St crossing is just behind the house at the end of the video. Train will cross under Pioneer Crossing and enter American Fork shortly.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/22/23 11:02
Author: BlaineM

Nathan, thanks I was sure I was close I have friends in the area.  Look forward to more of your posts.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 01/22/23 17:18
Author: ProAmtrak

Nice video of no. 6!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0636 seconds