Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Passenger Trains > Cross-Post: Heads Up Mid-Michigan - Possible Inspection Train?

Date: 03/08/23 19:58
Cross-Post: Heads Up Mid-Michigan - Possible Inspection Train?
Author: ironmtn

Cross-Post from the Eastern Board: Coming home from Lansing, Mich. today, I swung by the engine house of the Jackson & Lansing Railroad (JAIL) in Mason, Mich,, south of Lansing, to discover this lovely consist on the ready track outside the engine house. I get there only infrequently, so I have no idea if this sweet little train has been sitting there for awhile. Maybe, maybe not - don't know. But if not, it sure does look poised to go out for a possible inspection trip sometime soon - perhaps on Thursday 3/9 or Friday 3/10/23?

If you're in the area, and your local intelligence leads you to think so, and/or if you have the time, have at it and give it a chase. I probably won't be there - started feeling under the weather as soon as I got home early this evening. If it runs, good luck and good shooting. Those beautiful Geeps of parent Adrian & Blissfield in NYC-inspired paint, and the stylish business car Vanice L. King (ADBF / PPCX 800641, nee-WSOR 800641, nee-CN 98 Bonaventure, built by National Steel Car Co. Ltd. [1957??]) deserve to burn some pixels on somebody's camera if they get out and about. And it looks like the next snowstorm is going to hold off in the Lansing area until Friday.

Sorry about these shots in deep afternoon shade looking right into the afternoon sun, as well as the electrical box in the way, and the sun flare on the shot of the business car. Best that could be done in quick grab shots. Did as much with them as I could in Photoshop. Please enjoy nonetheless, and good luck.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 03/09/23 18:19
Re: Cross-Post: Heads Up Mid-Michigan - Possible Inspection Train
Author: mp51w

Looks a lot like Tioga Pass!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds