Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Martinez station: It's not over yet!!!!

Date: 05/11/23 20:41
Amtrak Martinez station: It's not over yet!!!!
Author: GenePoon

May 11, 2023

Martinez Station will be temporarily closed until Friday, May 12, 2023 due to ongoing investigation and cleanup. HOWEVER, trains AND bus connections are currently using Ferry Street crossing in front of the Old Martinez Train Deport until Martinez Station reopens. Please listen for conductor’s announcement when boarding/offboarding at Martinez.

-Capitol Corridor

Date: 05/11/23 20:58
Re: Amtrak Martinez station: It's not over yet!!!!
Author: goduckies

Crazy

Posted from Android

Date: 05/12/23 09:43
Author: MEKoch

It is what I would expect from the State of California:   a complete over reaction to minor problem.  We had a mercury spill in my high school chemistry class.  We cleaned it up and went right on with class.  

Date: 05/12/23 19:23
Author: stanhunter

A high school chemistry class is someplace where you might expect a mercury spill, and be prepared for it.  A parking lot is not, and I think it's wise that the authorities want to know how that much mercury ot there, and by whom.

In your opinion, would it be an overreaction if it were a live hand grenade?  Dynamite?  

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is what I would expect from the State of
> California:   a complete over reaction to minor
> problem.  We had a mercury spill in my high
> school chemistry class.  We cleaned it up and
> went right on with class.  

Date: 05/13/23 02:44
Author: SCAX3401

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is what I would expect from the State of
> California:   a complete over reaction to minor
> problem.  We had a mercury spill in my high
> school chemistry class.  We cleaned it up and
> went right on with class.

These Mercury cleanup requirements are Federal not state.  The same procedure would be followed no matter where it is at.  The response required comes in three levels if you will.  A Thermometer amount or less, more than a thermometer but less than about one pound, and one pound or more.  Remember one pound of mercury is about two tablespoons.  If more than one pound is spilled, the you are legally required by Federal law, yes legally required, to notify the EPA National Response Center.

Spilled mercury, especially in the amounts spilled at Martinez, are not a minor problem.  And you would probably be the first to sue if you or your loved one were poisoned by spilled Mercury that wasn't cleaned up properly.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds