Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Passenger Trains > Astoria - Portland Trains Extended

Date: 07/30/03 12:36
Astoria - Portland Trains Extended
Author: mundo

THE RDC trains between Portland and Astoria have been extended until 15 Sept, account ridership demands.

Space is open for sale through Amtrak.

Date: 07/30/03 13:12
Re: Astoria - Portland Trains Extended
Author: amtkrd4man

Must be coming up with the extra dollars to run it from the money saved by the regular trains that might come off.

Date: 07/30/03 13:12
Author: whitefish

Is there any chance they would expand the service to Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Thursday as well as to 9/15? Any reason why they couldn\'t?

Date: 07/30/03 16:09
Author: av

My wife and I rode on this train a few weeks ago and let me tell you it was outstanding. The equipment is good, the service is outstanding (esp. good food), route is wounderful, etc. etc. It is one class operation. Too bad, because of some glitch, it does not leave from Portland Union Station. Ride this train!

Date: 07/30/03 18:43
Author: TopcoatSmith

Are reservations required on this one? My parents are heading thataway and I should prolly let them know just in case.

TCS - c.p. M3

Date: 07/30/03 18:53
Author: chrisg

They can buy their tickets the day before at Portland Union Station. You can also read my trip at http://www.trainweb.org/chris

Date: 07/30/03 20:21
Author: mundo

Some days sell out.

Call or go to a Amtrak station.

Date: 07/31/03 08:24
Author: train671

Advance reservations and ticket purchase would be wise. This excursion is very well run and the service/food on board is excellent. Word of mouth
has lots of folks riding one way, staying overnight and then returning on another day. For
example it is a challenge to take a round trip on
a Monday as those folks who went on Saturday or
perhaps Sunday are ALL returning on Monday so the
trip is sold out returning. Good to see this special and unique excursion extended a few days
in September.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds