Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 352(21)

Date: 02/21/24 20:31
Amtrak 352(21)
Author: PC1974

Today's 352 took at "hit", taking siding at Dayton Lake while "Maintenance In The Way" did track work at Buchanan.. Funny to listen as AML dispatcher gave the track crew a "countdown" as train was approaching.. Train went from being OT to an OTRL with that one event. Some would find it surprising that a scheduled train on home rails would loose tolerance over track work in February..

What it did was get me thinking about AML OTP and I went to an authoritative site on that subject:

http://www.marp.org/?page_id=7518

They have all the OTP info for Michigan, it's updated thru January.. Does anyone know why the annulled and cancelled trains are missing from the MARP report? I figure over 50 trains were cancelled in January... That info appears to be missing. Asking for a friend.

Date: 02/21/24 21:00
Re: Amtrak 352(21)
Author: PHall

If they can't do the track work then the trains can't do track speed.

Date: 02/21/24 21:07
Author: BrynMawr

Yes.  But how hard is it to schedul the work around the trains?

Date: 02/22/24 03:19
Author: Englewood

Simple. Trains that don't operate are not late.
Welcome to the brave new world.

Would you like a voucher for that ?

Date: 02/22/24 06:51
Author: Typhoon

BrynMawr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes.  But how hard is it to schedul the work
> around the trains?

It depends on what was going on.   Was it to repair an out of service condition that was found on an inspection?   There is no getting around that.   Was it something that was supposed to be done quicker, but took longer than anticipated for some reason?   Those things happen.   There was way too much information left out of the OP.

Date: 02/22/24 06:55
Author: goneon66

BrynMawr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes.  But how hard is it to schedul the work
> around the trains?

is the track work due to "unforeseen" things as rough spots, broken rails, dual control switch malfuncitons, etc.?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0734 seconds