Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Passenger Trains > Along the NEC, Northeast Philly

Date: 02/26/24 06:53
Along the NEC, Northeast Philly
Author: thebluecomet

With a totally cloudless sky, although very cold, I headed over to Philly Sunday to hit a few places I had missed recently.  Thanks to catching Covid, again, and totalling my car by hitting a deer, I've been sitting on the sidelines lately.  Hopefully this short trip will break the ice and change my luck.

First bunch from the Tacony station.  All yesterday, February 25.

1.  Acela 2028 on train 2205.  Visible in the distance is the Holmesburg Jct. tower.

2.  Septa Silverliner 4 car 299 looks like it means business, but he's actually stopped at the shelter that serves as the station here.  Nothing fancy in these neighborhoods.

3.  Right behind Septa was this Amtrak work train.  Apparently some work was ongoing near the Bristol area as things ground to a halt for a while.

Date: 02/26/24 06:57
Re: Along the NEC, Northeast Philly

4.  Loafing along anticipating the stoppage ahead, Veterans motor 642 leads a northbound thru Tacony.

5.  Acela 2027 with a very late running 2250 follows behind the 642.

6.  Septa Silverliner 5 car 880 tries to look as impressive as it's Amtrak cousins.  The Center City Philadelphia skyline is visible in the distance from this location.

Date: 02/26/24 07:03

A very quick hop south on I-95 took me to the next station stop at Bridesburg.  An even plainer plywood shelter here serves the local Septa customers.

7.  Former Metroliner cab car 9643 on a Keystone Service train headed to New York.

8.  Trenton NJ bound Septa local arriving at Bridesburg station.

9.  653 leads the Pennsylvanian, train 43, running on track 4 due to the trackwork north of here.

Date: 02/26/24 07:58
Author: Lackawanna484

Nice series. Other than North Philly and Bristol (?) These were plain little huts even back in Pennsy days.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/24 19:06 by Lackawanna484.

Date: 02/26/24 11:07
Author: texchief1

Very nice set!  Thanks for sharing.

texchief1

Date: 02/26/24 13:42
Author: NPRocky

When I first saw that wobbly track on the left, I thought "ain't exactly the Northeast Corridor.  Oh wait, that IS in the Northeast Corridor!

Date: 02/26/24 18:59
Author: MdRailfan

The Pennsylvanian has 8 cars now? When did this occur or is something deadheading.

Date: 02/26/24 19:38
Author: Tominde

Well done, especially using the telephoto.   The NEC can be very blah, weather, paint, and scenery.  You did a nice job bringing out some features.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0523 seconds