Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Passenger Trains > FL: new BrightLine train station will be in Stuart

Date: 02/26/24 14:51
FL: new BrightLine train station will be in Stuart
Author: Lackawanna484

Multiple media are reporting that BrightLine has selected the Martin / Stuart proposal for a new BrightLine station on the Treasure Coast (Martin, St Lucie, and Indian River counties). A station is required to be in use by 2028 under terms of the settlement with Stuart.

The offered site is just south of Confusion Corner, and just north of Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (milepost 261.9) in Stuart. It is currently a parking lot for the county courthouse.  The town and county have agreed to pay about 75% of the cost.

(The information apparently came  out of a confidential briefing with county leaders. A formal announcement is scheduled for March 11)

https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/travel/new-brightline-station-to-be-located-in-stuart-city-representative-says

Date: 02/26/24 18:11
Re: FL: new BrightLine train station will be in Stuart
Author: Cumbresfan

Compare the reception in Stuart to that of Amtrak trying to serve Mobile.

Date: 02/27/24 09:49
Re: FL: new BrightLine train station will be in Stuart
Author: rbenko

For totally selfish reasons, I think this is great news.  I'm looking forward to taking Brightline from my home in West Palm Beach to Stuart, which has a very vibrant downtown.  As an added bonus, I will also be able to take it to one of the scenic highlights on the FEC in southern Florida - the causeway over the St. Lucie River.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds