Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Passenger Trains > NJT's 4201 on the RVL

Date: 04/14/24 16:36
NJT's 4201 on the RVL
Author: Pattenburg

Originally, I had hoped to photograph CSX's L&N leading M410 up the Trenton Line Sunday morning. Unfortunately CSX decided to send this train in the wee hours of the morning while I was checking my eyelids for holes in them. Shoveling mulch ended up being Plan B for me. However railfanning did not take a back seat on this day. The place I was shoveling at is adjacent to NJT's RVL. In the afternoon a NJT GP 4201 went west with two coaches to their Raritan (NJ) facility. Another missed opportunity as shoveling mulch was my job at this time. I thought "Oh well no great loss since the world was still spinning on its axis!" Soon after I finished for the day and decided to see what was running on the RVL. It was just my luck that as I came down the street, the grade crossing lights were activated. I parked my truck, leaped out and managed to get this grab shot of it heading east with more coaches in tow. Being on the wrong side of the tracks, I photographed this scene and through the magic of photo editing and managed to get a decent shot. So getting 4201 was a nice consolation prize for me.

Date: 04/14/24 18:33
Re: NJT's 4201 on the RVL
Author: atsf121

I like the longhood forward look of that unit, nice catch.

Nathan

Date: 04/14/24 19:25
Re: NJT's 4201 on the RVL
Author: krm152

Nice catch!  #4201 looks great.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds