Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Passenger Trains > All Virtual Rail cam are down Now??

Date: 04/15/24 11:06
All Virtual Rail cam are down Now??
Author: railcity

All of Virtual Railcam are down across the USA Now?? I can't no Railcam on youtube now??

Date: 04/15/24 11:19
Re: All Virtual Rail cam are down Now??
Author: walstib

They were working on YouTube an hour ago, but looking now the two I was watching don't seem to be working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/24 11:20 by walstib.

Date: 04/15/24 11:23
Author: longliveSP

Paid subscription shows they are working just fine.

Date: 04/15/24 11:23
Author: Cumbres

I don't know what happened but the report is it will be back at some point. Not sure why they dissappeared. The VRF cameras are still working and available on their web site if you are a member. 

Date: 04/15/24 11:26
Author: mwarfel

Sounds like free webcam time has ended . . .

Date: 04/15/24 11:57
Author: RNinRVR

I am a member and can't get them via YouTube.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 04/15/24 11:59
Author: Cumbres

They said there was a glitch with youtube. the do appear to be coming back in alphabetical order.

Date: 04/15/24 13:13
Author: westcoastrails

The San Juan Capistrano, CA cam is working fine here... on a free subscription. 

Date: 04/15/24 13:51
Author: dan

some are

Date: 04/15/24 17:35
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Our Big Sandy TX cam was down all day today but is back on now.

Date: 04/15/24 18:51
Author: cchan006

mwarfel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like free webcam time has ended . . .

Glad I didn't respond earlier.

For railcams hosted on YouTube, they might have suffered temporary outages due to YouTube's continuing crackdown on adblockers. Fresh story (not Google-able yet) on this today.

YouTube virtual railcams are ad-supported, so someone pays - "free" is just a matter of perspective.

I noticed the glitch yesterday, as I have a setup where a ~20 year old Mac can stream YouTube. That broke, but my newer computers were OK. Right now, everything works.

Date: 04/16/24 08:42
Author: railcity

ashland, VA still down and galesburg, IL is down again, and few other again.

Date: 04/18/24 00:29
Author: dan

they have new URL's it was said

Date: 04/18/24 07:14
Author: Lackawanna484

There are a lot of VR cameras on U tube this morning. Many more than usual. Laramie, Tower 55, etc.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/19/24 10:34
Author: filmteknik

I’m not a payer on any but I much prefer the Youtube-hosted cams. The ability to go back 12 hours is very useful and at least the ones I view there are only a couple of ads at the start. Also better phone compatibility via the YT app.

Mt. Carmel, by comparison, has poor phone compatibility. Turn the phone sideways to maximize the size and popup ad takes over much of the screen or you go back to menu page. If I view this cam I do so on two devices lest I miss some when one feed is interrupted for an ad.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/19/24 10:54
Author: TCnR

There's an interesting website that shows the complaints to it about websites, it all depends on users complaining but the crowd often indicates the general health of the www in a very broad sense. There's also a pull-down menu that shows specific catagories, but it doesn't show cause, unless somebody adds it to the comments sections:

https://downdetector.com/

It seems to be faithful to glitches in YouTube and GMail etc. It answer part of the question when a website or service is running slow or not at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/24 10:56 by TCnR.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.103 seconds