Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > FL BrightLine and window covering

Date: 04/20/24 10:23
FL BrightLine and window covering
Author: Lackawanna484

I've seen several BrightLine trains with modified advertising to keep the windows clear.

Cunard Line is among the most recent. I hope they get the window coverings off the older examples.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/20/24 10:37
Re: FL BrightLine and window covering
Author: ts1457

That's a good sign. Looks like BL management is capable of learning.

Date: 04/21/24 07:36
Author: amtrakbill

Talking with the Brightline Public Relations lady in Orlando this week she mentioned to me that she is a regular "visitor" to Trainorders.com  So people at Brightline are watching every comment to see if they can do better according to her. 

Date: 04/22/24 14:32
Author: ironmtn

amtrakbill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Talking with the Brightline Public Relations lady
> in Orlando this week she mentioned to me that she
> is a regular "visitor" to Trainorders.com  So
> people at Brightline are watching every comment to
> see if they can do better according to her. 

This is a good action on Brightline's part. Both I and others were critical in the past about the advertising wraps covering the windows, taking the stance that a clear, unimpeded view out the window is a fundamental service aspect for any passenger rail trip - or any other passenger transportation trip, for that matter. And yes, that also extends to washing windows - including on Amtrak - a point which I gather would have widespread support here on TO.

I appreciate Brightline's response, and hope it represents their continuing stance on the issue going forward with other advertising wraps.

I will also say again that I have felt for some time that the views expressed here on TO could have more influence than we might realize. Many businesses use sophisticated software to gather and analyze public sentiments about their products and services from various internet sources. That's been going on for years, and can only be intensified by even more sophisticated techniques and the application of AI now and in the future. Brightline and its parent company Fortress are both sharp operators. That they would pay attention both to general social media, and to more specialized sources like Trainorders, surprises me not at all. And it's a good reason for us all to post our opinions, but also to do so in a thoughtful and responsible way.

MC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1022 seconds