Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Passenger Trains > The Crescent, S/B #19, over Bush River

Date: 04/26/24 10:45
The Crescent, S/B #19, over Bush River
Author: Guitartrain

No smoke coming from this 611. Amtrak ACS64-611 is leading S/B train #19, the Crescent, as it crosses the Bush River bridge. 4:48PM on 4-25-24 in Willoughby Woods, Edgewood, MD.

Date: 04/26/24 13:00
Re: The Crescent, S/B #19, over Bush River
Author: cabsignaldrop

Always a good photo location. Appears the first two coaches are Amfleet I cars. Perhaps NEC rider coaches?

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/24 13:31
Author: Amtrak-P42

You can tell which cars are the regular Crescent cars because they never get washed or cleaned. The normal consist begins with the 3rd coach. 

Date: 04/26/24 13:55
Author: PRR1361

I rode the Crescent two weeks ago, WAS to ATL.  Arrived WAS from NYP 1/2 hour late, left 2 hours late.  The excuse? "It was out of its slot". I'd love to hear an explanation for that.  And of course the "diner" was shut down because the power might go down "mometarily". It did, after 1-1/2 hours delay. Any way, arrived ATL 2 hours late, very rough ride most of the way. Not  a good experience.

Date: 04/26/24 16:12
Author: jp1822

This is actually rather interesting.......the Crescent, without a Viewliner II Diner, has greater sleeper capacity than the Florida trains. Crescent has two Viewliner sleepers and Viewliner Bagg/Dorm, while Silver Star and Meteor only have two Viewliner sleepers but a Viewliner II Diner (with traditional dining) and thus more staff aboard that need a roomette. So the Silver Meteor and Star have less overall revenue capacity than the Crescent.....but the lack of a Viewliner II Diner is pathetic. Presuming they are selling roomettes in the Crescent's Viewliner Bagg/Dorm, or at least its housing the crew, as it should. Crescent also has typically had Viewliner I's as opposed to Viewliner II's. There still seem to a lot of Viewliner II Sleepers (out of the 25 in inventory) that are not assigned on a regular basis, from what I am seeing while out in my travels. And yes, the two Amfleet coaches in the lead, that certainly helps since the Crescent has taken off the "R" and "D" for receive only and discharge only for the NEC between NYP and Washington DC........so that's a positive and I am sure those two Amfleet coaches come off the Crescent at Washington DC with the engine change..........They should go all the way through to Atlanta though. Crescent was ALWAYS a busy coach and sleeper train from NYC/Washington DC to Atlata. That's a story for another day!  

Date: 04/26/24 19:38
Author: NPRocky

On our Crescent ride last fall, we had two somewhat-worn Viewliner 1 sleepers and a Viewliner II baggage-dorm.  To my surprise, they put us in the Viewliner II at New Orleans.  Nice ride.

Date: 04/28/24 07:28
Author: bandob

Good to see that the boat launch is open again.

B&O Bill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds